Why become a member? ×

NBD Corvette $$ Ltd

JBP

Less than 24hrs after spotting this in the for sale section of the forum, I had this little baby hanging on the wall in my studio and a massive smile on my face. I have to say a big thanks to @Kev for being the easiest guy in he world to deal with, a quick drive about a third of the way across the country and a late night meet up at a very dark motorway services I was on my way home with my new toy.

I have been playing Warwicks pretty much exclusively for the last 20 years and had a $$ for a few months last year but I thought it lacked a bit of individuality and a  little something tone wise, but a very nice, very versatile bass, but it got moved on in the end.

This thing however is a totally different beast. Firstly the tiger wood top and  swamp ash body look beautiful. This bass is No30 of a limited run of 85 made in 2010 and within that 85 only a small No. were made with this specific hardware. Instead on the standard two MEC humbuckers it  has two Bartolini humbuckers and a 3 band  MEC preamp as opposed to the normal 2 band found on a $$. This combination makes this thing sing, being able to push the mids really brings it alive compared to my experience with the standard $$. Suffice to say I am very very happy with it and will stop gushing and show you some pics.

@Kev I dont know what you were thinking parting with this, but thanks again for making it so easy... and you cant have it back :biggrin:

20180213_111600.jpg

20180213_111609.jpg

20180213_111617.jpg

20180213_111639.jpg

20180213_111652.jpg

Edited by JBP
  • Like 4