Why become a member? ×

Knobs!

darkandrew

11 hours ago, Skybone said:

Likewise, I have the Bakelite-style chickenhead knobs on all of my basses & electric guitars, because a) I like them, and b) because they are on the front of my Matamp. They look far better than the original knobs that were on the guitars (generic speed knobs or MXR/J bass style knobs), plus they give a real 60's vibe.

Now there's an idea!!!

3 hours ago, Skybone said:

Here you go. The third one has them as well now.

WIN_20170510_22_06_36_Pro.jpg

I like them - going to give them a try on one of mine.

The basses are nice as well. I have a love/hate thing with Ricks. Love the look but don't like playing them. I persevered for 20 years but don't own one at the minute although I did nearly push the button on one last week.

On 13-2-2018 at 09:22, ead said:

The Sadowsky aluminium items are pretty good imho.  Two screws to secure plus sleeve for those slightly thinner pot shafts.  They look and feel amazing and with the little white marker are dead easy to adjust.

Definitely not a 'value' item though :)

sadowsky-single-cut-chip-shearin-5.thumb.jpg.a2e1a7290d0dc97281fc0d1a8f48df71.jpg

I love those aluminium Sadowsky style knobs. I have bought 8 recently, and 4 of them will be adorning my Warwick Streamer LX5 soon. I think they add a luxurious look that the standard knurled brass knobs lack, as much as I like them. The Warwick ones are pretty cool, the pointer on top of the knob is not just a small notch but actually a little hole that goes through the entire knob. It's near impossible to read though! 

I'm a big fan of Hipshot O Rings. Simplicity of a smooth metal knob with the grippiness provided by the rubber o rings. Look cool in my humble.

With regard to knurled knobs, I think the problem with them for me is that there are so many cheap looking knock off examples of them that I have grown to generally dislike them.

I absolutely hate chicken head knobs on basses though. What is that about?