Why become a member? ×

Andertons, out of stock

PaulWarning

just think that they should know instantly when they've sold the last one in these days off computerised stock systems, so should show out of stock on their web site, I wanted it for this weekend, but it's not the end of the world but I don't want to be waiting weeks for it, think I'll give them a ring like you say

• Like 1

just checked the web site and it is saying available to order, normally available in 5 days, which is not the same as in stock obviously, can't remember whether it was saying in stock when I order mine tbh, but I'll watch out for that in the future.

In stock at gear4music, £7 dearer, I'd have ordered from there if I'd realised at the time

Edited by PaulWarning

Always worth ringing them.

In general very helpful staff, and when I've got them to order something for me (only a couple of times) it's always arrived on time.  Obvs that's subject to their suppliers - I may have just picked items that they knew they could get quickly.

slightly off topic, but if you're going to pop in to buy something because it's in stock on the website then it's worth ordering it on line to be picked up.  Went in on the morning of a gig to get some new valves for an amp that were in stock on the website and had a long wait while they sent someone to the warehouse to track them down and bring them to the shop.

It happened to me in December, I payed £89.99 (inc postage) for a EMG Geezer Butler Precision Bass Pickup, got a confirmation email saying my order is now being processed, then I received a second email the following day saying it was out of stock, so I emailed back asking for a refund.

They reimbursed me quite quickly, but it's a real pain when online companies don't show that something is not in stock on their sites.

16 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

just think that they should know instantly when they've sold the last one in these days off computerised stock systems, so should show out of stock on their web site, I wanted it for this weekend, but it's not the end of the world but I don't want to be waiting weeks for it, think I'll give them a ring like you say

Working for one of the UK's biggest and most reputable high street retailers I can honestly say it's not always that simple depending on what systems they had in place in the past. Plus the cost of these things... It's a simple concept but not so easy in practice, sadly.

• Like 1

my Line 6 G10 arrived today as promised with the excellent DPD delivery service (they tell you which hour it's going to be delivered in), so in the end, just a minor irritation, I would use Andertons again, still think it said 'in stock' when I placed my original order but not 100% certain

1 hour ago, PaulWarning said:

I would use Andertons again, still think it said 'in stock' when I placed my original order but not 100% certain

You're probably right, and this is important when stock gets low, and the last one can vanish any minute. This is why these days I prefer the modern websites that tell you how many are in stock, and where. They're still rare, but I've seen stock numbers reading roughly like:

"4 in our webshop, 2 in our London shop, 1 in our Glasgow shop, 20+ at the distributor's (add 2 to 3 days)"

Edit to add that I love it when the site has info about whether they have a demo one too.

Edited by BassTractor