Why become a member? ×

How do you pronounce Epiphone?

BreadBin

9 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Someone once referred to a Sadowsky as a “Sa-Doff-ski” for the duration of a conversation and a “Wal” as “Vaaal”.

I didn’t correct him. Am I a good or bad person?

Never having heard anyone say the word I have always thought of it as Sadoffski in the usual European manner. I expect I shall continue doing so

18 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Ah Monkeypedia, the anticiclopedia !

All the friends I have living in Poland or being Polish pronounce the "w" like“ch"... 

I have never been to Poland or discussed this with a Polish speaker so I can't dispute your experience but, not only Monkeypedia, every online pronunciation guide I consult says that Polish w = sound of v (or sometimes f).

How would you pronounce the cities Wrocław and Warszawa?

17 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

Someone once referred to a Sadowsky as a “Sa-Doff-ski” for the duration of a conversation and a “Wal” as “Vaaal”.

I didn’t correct him. Am I a good or bad person?

Being a Polish sort of name, who's to say about Sadowsky,  unless the builder calls it Sadoffski

Wal, on the other hand was named after ian Waller, which i guess you already knew, so that ' vaaal ' was def. wrong

17 hours ago, fleabag said:

Being a Polish sort of name, who's to say about Sadowsky,  unless the builder calls it Sadoffski

Wal, on the other hand was named after ian Waller, which i guess you already knew, so that ' vaaal ' was def. wrong

Calling it a vaal is vong?

On 2/12/2018 at 23:23, ped said:

I started what I thought would be a stinky poo hot fishing forum about 15 years ago - why people insist on discussing bass guitars is beyond me - given up now.

Funnily enough my lad (I say lad, he's 27) often asks me if I'm on that fish forum again. He doesn't get out much (neither do I come to that).

• Like 1