Why become a member? ×

SOLD - MXR M288 Bass Octave Deluxe
£70

Al Krow

This was bought very recently from @Urban Bassman of this parish (and am taking the liberty of reusing his pics!). I've decided that the clean tones of my COG T16 still make it my personal winner.

I have been informed by other MXR BOD owners (who have owned theirs for a while and for whom the M288 is very much their first choice) that this octaver has a very sensitive circuit, which is part of the reason it can track well and low, but this also means that, like dirt pedals, it can be a little 'noisy' when it's engaged before actually playing but (just as with dirt pedals) nothing that should be noticeable when you've started playing and certainly even less in a band mix. But a point just to be aware of if you are thinking of buying.

£70 collected (or P&P on top)

MXR BOD (1).jpeg

MXR BOD (3).jpeg

MXR BOD (4).jpeg

MXR BOD (5).jpeg

MXR BOD (2).jpeg

Edited by Al Krow

7 hours ago, Waterboarder said:

I'm interested...how do the controls relate though, ie does it do a sub and high octave?

It’s the same octave pitch, ie one octave below your input signal. The two voices (girth and growl) are EQd and filtered differently. Girth is a lowpassed subby kind of voice, whereas the growl is a thinner, square wave kind of affair. There is a volume control for each so they can be blended to taste. The dry simply adds the original signal. The mid switch adds a mid boost (there is an internal switch to toggle between 400hz and 850hz and a trimpot to adjust how much boost is applied).

There is no octave up on this pedal.  

Edited by Quatschmacher

3 hours ago, Waterboarder said:

Ok, wanted one with an octave up really, but cheers for explaining.

Hi - there are not really any analog pedals that do octave up in the sense of giving you a 'matching string an octave up' effect.

If you're after that then I'd recommend checking out the digital EHX Pitchfork or the TC Sub n Up, neither of which are too spendy (particularly second hand) and both have a following on BC.