Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! - Japanese MM Ray EX - SOLD!!!
£750

TheGreek

NOW SOLD!!

First of all - there is somebody on this forum who doesn't want you to buy this!! 

I have agreed a sale with another BCer who is relying on you to buy his items so that he can buy this. I'm in a cruel situation that I also need to raise funds to buy back one of my old basses. Ideally you need to buy the BCer in question's basses so that he can buy this. We agreed a timescale for him to sell his gear but he hasn't had anybody bite (on his very reasonably priced and well maintained equipment) yet.

Confused? Tune into next week's episode to find out what happened.

Anyway what we have here is a Japanese MM Ray EX - not too much info on t'net and even Andy Conklin (Strings'n'things) struggled to get any more from MM USA.

What we do know is that they were built for a short period only, in Japan for the Japanese market from imported US parts and assembled in the land of the Rising Sun. However this one managed to escape and made it's way to the UK. Remember it is essentially a US Ray, not an OLP or one of the many other copies. It's fitted with a muted bridge - all complete.

This is a 3eq model, weighs in at under 10lbs and plays just like the US models. I bought it without a case but I can make one available. P&P at buyer's expense. 

Trials welcome.

Jap RayLX1.jpg

Jap RayLX2.jpg

Jap RayLX3.jpg

Jap RayLX4.jpg

Jap RayLX5.jpg

Edited by TheGreek

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

On the bridge but nobody knows how to read it. Best way to identify the date is to whip the neck off..

Yeah, the guy who was selling it couldn't give me much info about it's age etc and claimed there was no serial number on the bridge because it was Japanese.....Otherwise i would have bought it....

3 hours ago, Bassulike66 said:

There is a shed load of these on fleabay as we speak!.....very tempting. 

Is it still stamped with Musicman on the bridge??

There are, but they're all abroad, mostly Japan - only one is below the price of this, the others are significantly more expensive than this. Maybe I need to increase the price...xDxD

The muted bridge has the Musicman logo stamped on it.

Edited by TheGreek