Why become a member? ×

transpose or pitch shift pedal options

winterfire666

i play in 2 bands one in standard tuning and one 3 semitones down to c sharp, is there anything out there either in a single pedal or a multieffects that will transpose reliably without the need to have multiple basses in different tunings?

doesn't need to be cheap just has to get the job done, any ideas?

ideally looking to keep basses in standard tuning and pitch down 3 steps.

any input would be appreciated thanks.

I know you mentioned you don’t want multiple basses but as it’s for different bands would it really be such a hardship? Then you could string one BEAD and be done with it. I appreciate it could be a pain if there’s lots of overlap with songs but just a thought.

at the moment i use a cheap ibanez for my 2nd band, which is ok (just) tuned to c sharp

my main bass is a wonderful xylem custom, the quality difference is a massive leap, i have a couple of vintage 80s basses which i bought to possibly replace the ibanez but they are heavy and still a huge leap in terms of sound and playability from the xylem

ive currently got my eye on something a bit better quality but i kinda want to use that for a couple of particular songs tuned in my main band to E for ergonomics really, i was just hoping i might be able to reduce down to 2 basses total and use just the new one for both bands and get rid of everything else. tone wise the down tuned bass is secondary as its simpler stuff and less prominent in the mix.

just looking for options really.

3 minutes ago, jposega said:

There is no pedal on earth that’ll do what you want convincingly. Passable to go down a half step or maybe full on bass, but you’re better off saving your money for a slightly better detuned bass,  or just use a capo.

i thought this might be the case but i'm totally out of touch with the new effects on the market at the moment, hence the post

i might try the digitech drop though as its a low cost option if it doesn't work out.