Why become a member? ×

**sold** '99, Warwick Thumb Bolt On 6, Broad Neck! German made £1295
£1395

dyerseve

Shipping is £17.50 withing mainland UK. £37.50 within most of the EU.

Price now dropped to £1295!

For sale is a very rare beast of a bass.  Hand built in Germany in 1999 this is a Warwick Thumb Bolt On 6 Broad Neck. 

This very rare ‘broad-neck’ model features wider 20mm string spacings making it ideal for slap style playing. This broad neck option alone is a 600Euro extra to order from Warwick. This bass also features the solid brass, 2 piece, '3D' Warwick bridge which on its own is nearly 600 Euro to buy from the Warwick shop. This bridge itself weighs in at just under 1kg and adds stunning clarity and sustain to the already incredible tone of this instrument. The total retail for a new  bass of this spec is 4929 Euro!

Included in the sale is a used but very good condition Warwick Rockcase flight case to protect this beauty during shipping - world-wide shipping is available. I will add additional packaging within the case as well as wrap the case securely to protect it as well.
I will only ship using a fully tracked and insured service for everyone's piece of mind.

The bass is in superb condition for its 19 years of age, as can be seen within the pictures. Of course it has been played a lot in those 19 years and not just hung on a wall so there is some normal play wear and a couple small dings the most noticeable of which I will detail here for the sake of transparency:
Some of the black finish on the bridge and other hardware has started to fade;
There’s some minor thumb wear around the neck pickup area;
There are two very small chips:
One at the very edge of the bottom (C string) side of the fretboard. This chip can be noticed when playing but is nice and smooth underhand so no need to worry about snagging on it;
The other chip is on the very end of fretboard again on the c sting side but it's after the 24th fret so purely cosmetic -

both chips are unnoticeable without very close inspection;
There is a small scratch on the back of one of the tuners and some of the finish has come off one of the washers on the front side of the tuner.

There is little fret-wear, since these are the Warwick super-tough bell-brass jumbo frets. I would say they are at 80%.

All tuners and knobs function smoothly.
The electronics are perfect and the pots operate without any crackling or noise.
The truss rod is a little tight(not surprising considering the size of the neck) but functions perfectly(both directions). The relief is currently set to 0.15" or 0.381mm. The action is very low but without buzz. The bass has been cleaned and professionally setup. The fretboard has been cleaned and oiled, frets polished, nut polished and the bass has been freshly waxed with Warwick wax.

Specs are as follows:

Body/neck wood: Ovangkol
Fingerboard wood: Wenge
Weight: 5.85kg
Scale: 34 inch
String spacing (bridge) 20mm
String spacing (nut) ~9mm
MEC active pickups
2 Band MEC Pre-amp with active/passive switching
Brass Just a Nut I
Solid brass 3D Bridge

lqjdru1poiqdhoap0yas.jpg