Why become a member? ×

Preamp/effects options for FRFR setup

LukeFRC

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

Indeed. I've stuck with digital and modelling as much as possible, I've just sought out modellers that I find to have an easier interface. I've ended up with a B3 into a GK Plex. Modelly, digitally, ampless, frfr, all of the good stuff just with as little complexity as I could find without compromising sound. Other people in other situations may prefer other equipment.

To be fair, for most people, especially on bass, once you have your killer amp sound, you are unlikely to be changing much. On a gig, I have my core sound - easily tweakable per venue... and then fx in the fx slots.

In reality, the tweaking factor is not an issue for me - as I am on IEMs. So any tweaking should be at the PA to account for the room, nothing else. I haven't got a local FRFR that I'm using for monitoring purposes - just front of house.

7 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

To be fair, for most people, especially on bass, once you have your killer amp sound, you are unlikely to be changing much. On a gig, I have my core sound - easily tweakable per venue... and then fx in the fx slots.

In reality, the tweaking factor is not an issue for me - as I am on IEMs. So any tweaking should be at the PA to account for the room, nothing else. I haven't got a local FRFR that I'm using for monitoring purposes - just front of house.

I think that's what's a push and a pull factor to another B3 - give me one of the amp models and I'm happy (Aguilar I think or SVT) and I don't want to fiddle - the good thing is the pedal has that - the bad thing is it has so much more 

On 14/02/2018 at 22:09, LukeFRC said:

I think that's what's a push and a pull factor to another B3 - give me one of the amp models and I'm happy (Aguilar I think or SVT) and I don't want to fiddle - the good thing is the pedal has that - the bad thing is it has so much more 

I know, I almost feel like I'm wasting all of those effects. I've got another board that has an MS-60B and a DI box. I have the Zoom set eq>overdrive(swtichable)>SVT>comp and I really couldn't be happier. One button to press!

Edited by Jack

On 14/02/2018 at 22:09, LukeFRC said:

There was a B3 for sale on one of the FB groups a few days ago IIRC.

8 hours ago, Jack said:

I know, I almost feel like I'm wasting all of those effects. I've got another board that has an MS-60B and a DI box. I have the Zoom set eq>overdrive(swtichable)>SVT>comp and I really couldn't be happier. One button to press!

+1

I wanted a tuner, a VT, a comp and a HPF. But I like my stuff extremely portable. 

So I got myself a MS-60B

4 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

If they could have crammed a DI out into that little MS60B then it would be a must buy for me. 

I know, right? If they'd made one of the outputs (or even jut made it single output to save costs) a TRS so it was balanced it would be ideal.

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

How easy are they to set up? 

Quite easy. I got myself 3 preset chains I can toggle through. Which was not difficult.

However, that was a couple years ago. I am afraid that I need the manual now if I had to change something.

Edited by OmeDunk