Why become a member? ×

Roland GK3-B pickup ***SOLD***
£80

1 hour ago, ped said:

Hi Steve

Just a heads up, isn't it a GK3-B not GR3-B? Might help people find it.

Interested to hear about the internal install in your ACG - I have two basses with internal GK pickups, love them.

Hi Ped, thanks for the heads up, I've edited the title.
It's actually a hipshot piezo bridge on the ACG connected the the Graphtech Hexpander board that has a 13 pin output, so technically it'snot a GK pickup, but functionally the same. I use it to drive a GR-55 synth in an live electronica band - Art Fan Delay - that I'm a member of.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bassman72 said:

Do you have any pics? Being piezo, does it track better than the GK3-B? Cheers.

Here's one, with some Line 6 bits I'll be listing separately later on.

In my experience, the GK tracked slightly better, and was much easier to set up with the GR55, I just preferred to have the internal system as the external pickup control stopped me transporting the ACG in a hard case.

IMG_1815.JPG.cca82bf048c33f0515a62c3ab843cf70.JPG

3 hours ago, steve said:

Here's one, with some Line 6 bits I'll be listing separately later on.

In my experience, the GK tracked slightly better, and was much easier to set up with the GR55, I just preferred to have the internal system as the external pickup control stopped me transporting the ACG in a hard case.

IMG_1815.JPG.cca82bf048c33f0515a62c3ab843cf70.JPG

Thanks for that. Sorry, I have 2 GK3-B's, one internal one like you are selling, so the question was more aimed at the piezo bridge. 

3 hours ago, Bassman72 said:

Thanks for that. Sorry, I have 2 GK3-B's, one internal one like you are selling, so the question was more aimed at the piezo bridge. 

Aah gotcha, I can try to upload a pic later but it's just a standard hipshot with piezo saddles. Each one has its own leads which  are plugged into the hexpander board

9 minutes ago, steve said:

Aah gotcha, I can try to upload a pic later but it's just a standard hipshot with piezo saddles. Each one has its own leads which  are plugged into the hexpander board

I’ve got two basses with internal installation but using the GK pickup still. It’s called something catchy like GK-KIT-BG

• 1 month later...
  • Josh locked this topic