Why become a member? ×

Supro Basses

edstraker123

I'm really tempted. Came across them a few weeks ago and contacted Supro to find out who distributes them in the UK. Turns out to be JHS.

The full range popped up on ebay a couple of days ago from Chummy Musical in Ipswich - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPRO-HUNTINGTON-2-BASS-GUITAR-NATURAL-ASH-2042AN/282840631005?epid=15014569457&hash=item41da9d86dd:g:-4wAAOSwrnRafJ3O

I also asked about weight and they gave me these average weights for the different woods: 

Mahogany - 7.8
Ash - 8.6
Flame (maple top, mahogany body) - 7.8
Black (mahogany) - 7.6

Edited by ikay

These look great but the only content I've really ever seen of one was Scott Devine of Scott's Bass Lessons gushing about the shortscale Supro Huntington. It looks very cool, but beyond this video I've not seen much of them - but then I've gone searching for one (yet!).

Buy one and fill us in, it's for the greater good! :biggrin:

10 hours ago, MarshallBTB said:

Got a couple in the shop local to me at the moment. A 1 & 2, loved them both! Really great feel to the necks.... I ended up ordering one (coming in a couple of weeks) but in Vintage White, will let you know how it is ! 

Be interested to know which shop on the offchance it's within striking distance (W.Sussex)?

Edited by ikay

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MarshallBTB said:

Got it! 

IMG_20180224_134359205_HDR.jpg

That looks beautiful. I fancy the 1 in mahogany. I would have to divest myself of 2 or 3 instruments I think to fund it though. I hope you can give us a review especially with a rundown of the tone each individual pickup gives.