Why become a member? ×

NBD: Limelight '67 LPB Precision

wateroftyne

Well lookie what landed today!

So... this is a Limelight Precision, with a '67 spec in a light-relic LPB finish.

I ordered it last year, and had a good chat with the - extremely pleasant - Mark at Limelight to discuss the spec and the level of relic'ing. I wanted the finish to be a little more muted, so it glows a bit more, and he's obliged. It's a nice weight, less than 9lbs, helped by the Gotoh Res-o-Lites, which bumped the cost up a little more.

I've just put proper strings on it (it came with fairly light rounds), and it sounds just like I'd hoped. A really nice P... and it cost significantly less than a Fender Roadworn MIM.

I'm about to start a solid week of rehearsals, so lots of time to give it a run out. Happy days!

P2090079.jpg

P2090086.jpg

P2090087.jpg

P2090088.jpg

Edited by wateroftyne
  • Like 10

Gorgeous. At some point I intend to get a Limelight P and I think LPB is the way to go, although I do love Faded Sonic Blue. Recently saw a birth month/year P Bass in LPB with a tort guard at Vintage and Rare and it looked stunning. 

Does that have finish checking?

That's stunning! I think you've made my mind up - I've recently got hold of an unfinished neck and body to build something similar and had been in contact with Mark about him putting it together and finishing it... Seeing that, I think it would be the way to go!

• 11 months later...