Why become a member? ×

Sold 1980s HH Combo.
£100

hammer

We are moving so want to minimalise the gear we take with us so this is up for sale. 

It's a 1980s 1×15 combo bass amp.

Seen lots of wear and tear but it has been in a cupboard for a few years and is not going to get used any time soon. 

One of the handles is missing and the input is a little crackly but given its age it deserves a good home. 

I am based in Bristol and the buyer would need to collect. 

20180209_191124.jpg

20180209_191021.jpg

20180209_191228.jpg

20180209_191007.jpg

20180209_191038.jpg

20180209_191058.jpg

Edited by hammer
No interest

2 hours ago, Twanger said:

Is that a couple of DIN sockets on the front? For the footswitch? I haven't seen those is decades! What happened to them?

In not so long from now, someone will be saying 'What..? A USB socket..? I've not seen one for decades..! Whatever happened to them..?'. xD

This is a crazy price for an excellent amp/combo; if I were on the UK mainland I'd be driving to Bristol to pick it up (despite its weight...). I've a brother in South Wales; I'm half-tempted to see if he'll 'store' it for me..! £50 for this..? Amazing value.

Disclaimer: I already have an HH 2 x 15 folded horn cab, so I'm in no need of extra gear, but this is a monster amp, and would grace any stage or studio. Hmm... I may 'phone my brother just the same... 9_9

Ha ha. Still, whatever happened to DIN plugs? They were just...not there any more. And I know people, quite grown up, who have never met a PS/2 port.

A band I was in in the late 70s, the bass player (I had not yet seen the light and was playing g**tar) used HH. I recall he had a 1x18". It was classy stuff.

38 minutes ago, Twanger said:

Ha ha. Still, whatever happened to DIN plugs? They were just...not there any more. And I know people, quite grown up, who have never met a PS/2 port.

A band I was in in the late 70s, the bass player (I had not yet seen the light and was playing g**tar) used HH. I recall he had a 1x18". It was classy stuff.

DIN plugs were basically a European standard, and as the 'market' was supplanted by Japanese products, using mainly RCA (Phono...) plugs, the World adopted those instead. DIN plugs are more fragile, and require more expertise to correctly wire up, so went the way of the Dodo. They're still available, of course, and still have their uses, but no longer for mass-market 'consumer' goods. Digital technology and the use of serial buses have changed the game since. Such is the way of evolution and progress.
(And you're right; HH was (and still is...) classy stuff... B| )

Thanks for the history! My memory is only anecdotal. I have a vague memory of DIN plugs being introduced as a replacement for phono plugs. But the memory is vague and highly unreliable. Especially to do with the late '70s. And clearly, as phono plugs are still around, not the case.

I do remember the first time I ever saw an HH VS combo being used in anger was Dr Feelgood at the Chalk Farm Roundhouse. Wilko Johnson was running his Tele through one. That could have been '76?