Why become a member? ×

How to stop glasses slipping while playing?

Horrorhiker

10 hours ago, dood said:

I’ve bought some if these:

Keepons Lite Clear Prevent Slipping Anti Slip Anti Slide Eyeglass Eyewear Sunglasses Spectacle Glasses Temple Tip Sports Ear Hook Sleeve Retainer (3 pairs) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NKZPOD0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HLXFAbMH1E2AR

that arrived today. I’m gigging tonight so will let you know if my specs stayed in place tomorrow!

Just got back from the gig, still buzzing so I thought I’d respond now. I can tell you the little squishy devices were awesome. I actually received 4 sets in the pack rather than 3, with one set being an ‘odd one out’ in opaque surgical silicone. They ended up being the most comfortable and my glasses stayed put all night without extra bands etc. I’ll see if I can find a picture of the add ons I used.

6 hours ago, dood said:

Just got back from the gig, still buzzing so I thought I’d respond now. I can tell you the little squishy devices were awesome. I actually received 4 sets in the pack rather than 3, with one set being an ‘odd one out’ in opaque surgical silicone. They ended up being the most comfortable and my glasses stayed put all night without extra bands etc. I’ll see if I can find a picture of the add ons I used.

These look good! 

This site never fails to educate! I’d just accepted the fact that my glasses will slip down my nose as the song goes on, so worked the looking upwards thing in to my little shuffle. I like the little grommet type ones there, I just want to avoid putting more stuff on my head (already have ear plugs in too!)

Now, if I could only find a cure for “bass face” (as the Mrs calls it) where all facial expressions switch off...

On 11/02/2018 at 02:21, dood said:

I meant to post a picture of the odd set in my packet that seemed to be more comfortable than the others pictured in my link. :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Comfortable-Silicone-Anti-Slip-Accessories-Eyeglass/dp/B00ZO9MFKK/ref=pd_sbs_60_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GGZJ0RB57EYJXM0848DB

They do dig a little after a couple of days use as I've not adjusted them properly but they do seem to help!