Why become a member? ×

Best online bass tutors?

Barking Spiders

Scott's Bass Lessons often gets namechecked on here but what about some others that you  might use. Others I tend to use a fair bit are

John Fossgreen's Bass Lessons for Humans

Mark Smith at Talking Bass

and a couple of newer ones to me

Davey Pollitt at Cambridge bass lessons

and Remco Hendriks at Remco's Groove Lab - he does some really nice funky fretless stuff

Then again mebbe you avoid online bass tutors like the plague, who knows?:biggrin:. As for m'self I'm looking to improve every day and I can't find much better way of doing it than learning from  these guys

+1 for Mark Smith at Talking Bass.

"Mark has worked all over the UK and the World as a sideman and bandleader, performing every style of music from pop to rock to jazz to classical in ensembles ranging from trio to orchestra. As a reading sideman, Mark has worked with hundreds of acts such as Jimmy James, Susan Maughn, Peter Grant, Bucks Fizz, Ruthie Henshall, Zoe Tyler, Gerard Kenny, Iris Williams, Elaine Delmar, Barbara Dickson and many, many more. Mark has a First Class BA(hons) Degree in Music from Leeds College of Music and many years of experience teaching in music colleges and universities around the UK."

He's excellent.

Looking forward to checking out some of the other suggestions, too - thanks for sharing.

Ariane Capp.  She does lessons for SBL Academy. She also has some on her own website, No Treble and other channels on Youtube

And here's a gratuitous vid of her playing

Another:  Rufus Philpot. Again Phil has done sessions at SBL, I've also had some Skype lessons with him