Why become a member? ×

Items Wanted - Why is there no bump option?

thebrig

Just wondering why there isn't a bump option when you list in "Items Wanted", once anything I've listed has dropped down a few pages, I have to create a completely new listing which surely clutters up the section.

Is there a reason for not having a bump option?

• 3 years later...
39 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

I don't have any quick answers at this point in time, I'm sorry.  @Woodinblack are you able to shed any light on it?

Its something I just noticed, since I was administrator I get the bump option but i am pretty sure you don't see it otherwise (and obviously as admin you get bump on everything so that isn't ideal!), so I assume it is a group feature. I will  have a look tonight and see if I can enable it on the wanted forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Kiwi said:

its odd how only admin can see it though

It isn't, that is actually the reason. It uses the bump mechanism of the replies, which are blocked on that forum, so if you can actualy reply you see the bump (as it is enabled). There is a check to ensure you can reply before permitting it. Even taking the check out the button is not there, but I am assuming that is the cache, I just can't yet find it :D

6 minutes ago, pete.young said:

I could be wrong

and in the words of the song, you could be right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, ped said:

There is probably a newer plugin we could use instead of that one which is no longer being developed. 

Nope. I looked.

It is up to date and works, it just is an issue with the way the forum works. I am sure there is a way round it, but I am lacking some info!

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Did you ever find out if it could be done 🙂

It can't be easily done because it works by putting a button on the bar that the reply button is on, which is obviously missing on a forum in which you can't reply (which is why mods can see it). it could be done with another plugin but currently I don't have access to being able to make new plugins. Certainly it isn't something I have ruled out, as I would like to be able to do plugins, as I think there are a few we could do with and I do think it would be a good thing as I think it would make the wanted forum a lot more useful (as would closing things you no longer want).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1