Why become a member? ×

Markbass Little Mark Tube Italian Version SOLD
£415

ash

Here’s a Little Mark Tube  - it has two gains and a mix so you can mix a grittier tube signal in with a clean sound. It also has phantom power and a balanced input. The tube is a miniature Groovetubes valve. 

The amp is in excellent condition with some minor cosmetic marks to the metalwork. I’m selling on behalf of a friend who is a local jobbing bassist and music tutor but not into forums (weird eh?). This has been his spare amp and has not been needed. It has been unused for a couple of years. One owner from new. On the pictures you can see it being run through my Markbass NY604 and it is a very powerful amp! It’s the Italian version. Comes with mains lead. No trades, it could be posted but at buyers cost and only in the UK. Thanks for looking! 

Edited by ash
Sold

I think the "Italian v. Indonesian version" issue has been well and truly put to bed now.  Marco was understandably exceedingly vocal about this on Facebook at Christmas:-

"Dear ***, this is Marco, it is important to me that you an all my customers knows that from the Made in Indonesia and made in Italy there is not any difference! We work in a very special way and not any companies do it. When I decided to go to make my amps in Indonesia, was because in Italy was very hard to continue to make it, thanks the Crisis that we had, but all components all parts are the same also the Brands of the components, we never changed it. Also when the material arrive in Italy in my company, we recheck it all 100% and my guys, that are the best technicians for it, recheck it one to one and give in your hand my products. This is a cost for mu company but we have an amazing quality level after we work in this way! No any problem go out of the company. Many peoples in the business ask me why I do this and I loose money, ad I try to explain them that this is a quality issue and Philosophy idea, and also is a big advantage because in this way we have an amazing quality level and also no one of my guys was fired from the company!!! I will make a video on this soon...thanks to all of you!"

While a couple of the cabs' internal structure/bracing changed for the better, the heads are still all constructed with the exact same components, sourced from the same suppliers and assembled in the same way.  The only change is that they are assembled in Indonesia, where they are then QC'd, they are then shipped to Italy, where they are again tested and QC'd before they are shipped out; as a result the failure rates have dropped even from where they were before, which was already pretty exceptional...

Anyway, consider this a free bump!  haha!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoJoKe said:

I think the "Italian v. Indonesian version" issue has been well and truly put to bed now.  Marco was understandably exceedingly vocal about this on Facebook at Christmas:-

"Dear ***, this is Marco, it is important to me that you an all my customers knows that from the Made in Indonesia and made in Italy there is not any difference! We work in a very special way and not any companies do it. When I decided to go to make my amps in Indonesia, was because in Italy was very hard to continue to make it, thanks the Crisis that we had, but all components all parts are the same also the Brands of the components, we never changed it. Also when the material arrive in Italy in my company, we recheck it all 100% and my guys, that are the best technicians for it, recheck it one to one and give in your hand my products. This is a cost for mu company but we have an amazing quality level after we work in this way! No any problem go out of the company. Many peoples in the business ask me why I do this and I loose money, ad I try to explain them that this is a quality issue and Philosophy idea, and also is a big advantage because in this way we have an amazing quality level and also no one of my guys was fired from the company!!! I will make a video on this soon...thanks to all of you!"

While a couple of the cabs' internal structure/bracing changed for the better, the heads are still all constructed with the exact same components, sourced from the same suppliers and assembled in the same way.  The only change is that they are assembled in Indonesia, where they are then QC'd, they are then shipped to Italy, where they are again tested and QC'd before they are shipped out; as a result the failure rates have dropped even from where they were before, which was already pretty exceptional...

Anyway, consider this a free bump!

An Italian version may include the class AB power amp section and the Indonesian are all class D, which is a reason to differentiate. 

Edited by Sparky Mark
Incorrect statement by me

18 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

An Italian version may include the class AB power amp section and the Indonesian are all class D, which is a reason to differentiate. 

Its dated 7/2013, so class D, not that 99% of users would be able to tell the difference.  The country of manufacture has nothing to do with it other than as some kind of timestamp in Markbass history.  It certainly has no bearing on the quality of the amps, I've been able to use a good variety over the years.  It's just getting pretty boring now, that the "mines an Italian one..." snobbery still matters to anyone!  Not that I am accusing @ash of that!

The above quote from Marco was from a Facebook post where a committed Markbass user in the US went into lots of detail, comparing the qualities, and why he likes all the heads he owns (quite a few!), and he kept referring to them as "this one is (Italian/Indonesian...  insert county here!) made".

Understandably Marco is proud of the innovation and quality of his brand, and must feel very frustrated that this "non-issue" won't go away.  The more interesting point is that they've continued to develop and invest in developing their own proprietary power amps, unlike quite a few other brands who buy and use off the shelf generic third party assemblies.

The guy who posted went back and edited his OP, removing the country references out of respect, so someone reading it now might not see the reason for Marco's comments! 

Anyway, sorry @ash for hijacking your sale thread!  Good luck with the sale of this mighty fine head!

As an owner of both Indonesian and Italian Markbass products I’ve had no problems with either. Like American Fenders however the bottom line is that there is a little more kudos attached to the original Italian made versions. Most of us recognise that some MIJ and MIM Fenders are as good if not better than their US counterparts - think Roadworn or JV - but there’s a desirability about the US versions and some would argue a snob value. It’s certainly a selling and discussion point and supports my reasoning for specifying that this amp is an Italian version. 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...