Why become a member? ×

Hello there.

Horrorhiker

Hi all. 

Bit of a long time lurker here. 

I'm what you call mature I think. Been playing bass for 25+ years in all kinds of bands, from soul to power metal. I've finally settled on vintage heavy rock as my happy home. I play in two original bands, one is old school hardcore thrash punk, the other is a stoner, vintage style groove rock band. 

Gear wise, I'm currently using one of the newer Warwick Rockbass Streamers, through a Peavey Minimax and whatever cabs are working at the time (usually with a Big Muff Bass). Will (should) be getting an American Pro Precision at some point before the summer. I'm in the East Anglian region of the UK. 

I've got a lot out of the forums here, so decided it was about time I said hello and got involved at least a bit. 

Cheers! 

5 hours ago, baldwinbass said:

Welcome, and glad to have you aboard! I play a Warwick too, great instruments.

Cheers. They are so easy to play. I'm currently looking for something with a chunkier neck, possibly my first American precison. There's a great solo by  Doug Wimbish on Youtube if you haven't seen it. Master Of Warwicks.