Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab price hike

Cuzzie

On 2/8/2018 at 21:28, stevie said:

I expect some Likes from the usual suspects.:drinks:

I expect the usual suspects[*] on any thread using the BF word. 

[*] and shenanigans, but at least this time they were mildly entertaining

On 2/9/2018 at 11:07, jazzmanb said:

The Aguilar look the part but Mark bass and Vander RED! ones are too garrish for me

I find the Vanderkleys the classiest looking cabs there are at the moment. And they don't sound half bad either. 

I do like a bit of colour. I had a pair of bright red TKS 1126 cabs, and when I decided I no longer wanted them I got a few people commenting "I'd love those, shame they're red" :D

On 3/3/2018 at 12:23, mcnach said:

I find the Vanderkleys the classiest looking cabs there are at the moment. And they don't sound half bad either. 

I do like a bit of colour. I had a pair of bright red TKS 1126 cabs, and when I decided I no longer wanted them I got a few people commenting "I'd love those, shame they're red" :D

I almost bought Vanderkleys before going for the Barefaced. The main reason I didn't was the appearance - I just can't get away from the fact they remind me of early 90s budget brand Custom Sounds albeit to a somewhat higher standard!

Image result for "custom sound"  pa speakers

Appearance wise my favourites are probably some of the custom TKS cabs (I seriously considered your red ones because I liked the colour!) but from reading countless reviews the Barefaced seemed to be the better bet for my needs at the time and Alex was very helpful. 

13 hours ago, el borracho said:

I almost bought Vanderkleys before going for the Barefaced. The main reason I didn't was the appearance - I just can't get away from the fact they remind me of early 90s budget brand Custom Sounds albeit to a somewhat higher standard!

Image result for "custom sound"  pa speakers

Appearance wise my favourites are probably some of the custom TKS cabs (I seriously considered your red ones because I liked the colour!) but from reading countless reviews the Barefaced seemed to be the better bet for my needs at the time and Alex was very helpful. 

Ha! I can see the resemblance! :D

The TKS 1126 looked fantastic, and also sounded great. They just were not what I really wanted. I ended up preferring a "not quite as good looking" pair of BB2... until I settled on the pair of Two10 I have now. I'm done looking for cabs. Shame they're black ;) 

On 2/9/2018 at 11:07, jazzmanb said:

the only negative for me is the size,its a win win for weight etc but they lack a bit of presence on stage.Seen a guy with a one cab set up and it looked like his gear had been nicked

Like this you mean? 2 Marshall stacks and a shed building Drummer and I could STILL drown em out at will!

ML Lane theatre.jpg

3 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Like this you mean? 2 Marshall stacks and a shed building Drummer and I could STILL drown em out at will!

ML Lane theatre.jpg

Looks fine - probably looks more balanced just having the two big Marshalls either side of the stage. A bigger bass rig would make it look unbalanced... well, to me anyway.

28 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

ML Lane theatre.jpg

Where was that Russ, looks a decent venue, shame the bassist couldn`t bring a proper set-up though (runs for cover).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, el borracho said:

I almost bought Vanderkleys before going for the Barefaced. The main reason I didn't was the appearance...

Really?! Slut red in fish net stockings with prices held. What's not to like? :D

Image result for vanderkley 210lnt

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Where was that Russ, looks a decent venue, shame the bassist couldn`t bring a proper set-up though (runs for cover).

Grrrrrrr! 

Its the Lane Theatre in Newquay mate, not exactly local, but a great venue and people.  We did the  gig for a local Parkinsons disease charity, the guitarists dad is a sufferer and lives down that way, his dad was there and it was the 1st time he had ever seem his son on stage..was quite a night and we raised nearly a grand!  Not bad for a 140 seater venue!!

• Like 3

On 5/3/2018 at 10:52, EBS_freak said:

Looks fine - probably looks more balanced just having the two big Marshalls either side of the stage. A bigger bass rig would make it look unbalanced... well, to me anyway.

On that logic best stand behind the drummer 

10 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Yeah. Exactly.

Like watching paint dry. Until a fight kicks off that is.

The whole dying for my art thing can only last so long ,it's false anyway all that posturing .Not a fan of Oasis but they blow your empty venue theory out of the water 

1 hour ago, jazzmanb said:

The whole dying for my art thing can only last so long ,it's false anyway all that posturing .Not a fan of Oasis but they blow your empty venue theory out of the water 

Not really - people tend to stick around when they've paid so much for their entry ticket.