Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab price hike

Cuzzie

14 hours ago, ern500evo said:

I actually quite like the look of mine, with the black steel grille. A bit quirky. But then again, I play a MM Bongo Stealth so what the f**k do I know!! As you were! 😁

I like the black grill on mine too, and I play a Bongo Stealth 5 string, must be some kind of viral thing...

• Like 1

Even at todays price they may be out of some peoples reach

The Aguilar look the part but Mark bass and Vander RED! ones are too garrish for me

i like how the work and operate no middle man/free month trial etc and i think they will do well whatever price

i nearly pressed the button on a pair of Two10's in the New year but the funds i thought would be there weren't and i chose cheaper options

the only negative for me is the size,its a win win for weight etc but they lack a bit of presence on stage.Seen a guy with a one cab set up and it looked like his gear had been nicked

22 minutes ago, jazzmanb said:

the only negative for me is the size,its a win win for weight etc but they lack a bit of presence on stage.Seen a guy with a one cab set up and it looked like his gear had been nicked

Listening with your eyes...

3 hours ago, WinterMute said:

I like the black grill on mine too, and I play a Bongo Stealth 5 string, must be some kind of viral thing...

3 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

I would have loved a bongo, but too many dials for me, maybe thats why I needed up with a silver, I have not yet evolved, but I like the black too

They are great basses, they do very much divide opinion. I’m still in two minds whether to sell mine, I’m doing 90% rock covers at the moment and my Yamaha Attitude Ltd gets the nod most of the time. I’m also finding it hard to resist buying a Line 6 Helix and the Bongo could fund that. On the other hand I don’t actually need to sell it and and they are so hard to come by if I decided I wanted another! Decisions decisions! 

Edited by ern500evo

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, keeponehandloose said:

Approx 10% increase.Thats a big hike in one go but I dont know how long since the last one...

Still puts a Super Midget at around £100 cheaper than an Aguilar SL112 in the UK.

Canvas.png.cc1b2f0cdb3fb06048ef65d26cad0146.png

Si

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, la bam said:

I say good on barefaced - they gave everyone a real fair crack at getting them at the cheaper prices.  A lot of others just out prices up out of the blue.

Agreed... made me finally get off the pot and order a Super Compact B|

4 hours ago, keeponehandloose said:

Approx 10% increase.Thats a big hike in one go but I dont know how long since the last one...

Ten percent is hardly a huge increase. Let's hope they can maintain them. It's a tough market out there, but the US competition seem to be really expensive now.

A friend has an Aguilar SL112 (which goes for over £700) and it's only rated at 250W. It can just about keep up with a drumkit. My G1 Compact is significantly louder. The Super Compact, even with the recent price rise,  sounds like a lot more more bang for your buck than the Aguilar if you want a 1x12.

Edited by gjones

On 2/8/2018 at 11:13, Happy Jack said:

Anyway, the value of all existing Barefaced cabs just went up on the pre-owned market, so everyone's a winner.

Not really... my two cabs are not going anywhere, their value is locked. Now, if this had happened just before I sold my pair of BB2... ;)