Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab price hike

Cuzzie

To all interested.

i will post below what is from the Barefaced Facebook page. Looks like Brexit and how the world is getting more expensive etc. Is hitting our flagship UK manufacturer.

I for one am very glad I have one, and plenty others are too.

Let’s hope this thread doesn’t derail into which cab is best, you should have bought cab X,  I had one and it sucked etc. It’s just for information........BUT if you were considering one, get one before March!!!

@alexclaber hope you don’t mind me sharing.

here is the official link 

here is the post content for those without FB:

Good news and bad news - the bad news first: Our prices are going up. The good news: We're not going to change them until the 1st March.

We'd rather not do this but making cabs with this level of performance and providing the service we do is expensive - every component we use is the best possible and we lavish serious time, care and attention during manufacture to achieve this handmade quality.

If you buy a Barefaced cab you're buying cutting edge performance, outstanding tone and the highest quality bass cab - not just built to last but built to still have outstanding sonic performance in many years' time.

How much will they increase by? We're not exactly sure yet, we're going through some deep analysis of our costs to work out what we have to do - but it'll be a fairly significant increase.

We're sorry we're having to do this but quality this good doesn't come cheap - and if Barefaced is going to be around in many years time, still building amazing cabs and still providing great customer support, we have to be sensible about what we charge for them. We still believe that if you invest in some Barefaced cabs you'll sound better and usually end up financially better off in many years time - get the best and that's it, no more spending on bass cabs! And your awesome tone might book you some more gigs. ;-)

Not good news but currently BF cabs can cost less than many other quality cabs, for instance Mesa, Aguilar and Genzler. They are a better buy than some cabs that are cheaper but in order to get the equivalent performance you'd have to buy 2.

Sadly, Brexit is going to screw with lots of companies price lists especially if they use imported components in their products and the economy won't see the worst of it for several years.

This was an entirely foreseeable situation pre Referendum.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

Not good news but currently BF cabs can cost less than many other quality cabs, for instance Mesa, Aguilar and Genzler. They are a better buy than some cabs that are cheaper but in order to get the equivalent performance you'd have to buy 2.

Sadly, Brexit is going to screw with lots of companies price lists especially if they use imported components in their products and the economy won't see the worst of it for several years.

This was an entirely foreseeable situation pre Referendum.

Damn, you mentioned Brexit. Now I have tooxD

2 hours ago, karlfer said:

In fairness if they buy any components in dollars they will have been taking a hit for the last 18 months or so. That is speaking from experience 😢

That's the way isn't it. Companies hang on and ride the exchange rate fluctuations. Watching their margins being eroded and profits being squeezed. Then they finally have to deal with it. . . and take the flack.

20 hours ago, chris_b said:

This ^ 

Ok I'm going to say it: if Alex took the opportunity to improve the design of his cabs so they look great (with the metal grilles) as well sound great then I'd not begrudge him the £extra (I'd still buy the new better designed cabs second hand of course :D). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Ok I'm going to say it: if Alex took the opportunity to improve the design of his cabs so they look great (with the metal grilles) as well sound great then I'd not begrudge him the £extra (I'd still buy the new better designed cabs second hand of course :D). 

I think they look great, especially now they do custom finishes!!

5a7c304d04045_ScreenShot2018-02-08at11_10_39.png.7513da544b3e342f7eae824a0b8a5d61.png

Si

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, la bam said:

Having bought one and used one and carried one upstairs to practice rooms and gigs i can honestly say they are worth much more than they used to cost anyway and a price hike wouldnt put me off buying another.

This!

• Like 1