Why become a member? ×

I broke my Marshall Super Bass

Bloc Riff Nut

47 minutes ago, Bloc Riff Nut said:

I think i sometimes forget how annoying that gibberish can be to some people. 

It's remarkable how little frustration, if any, that English content elicits on German and Dutch forums.

I'll bear it in mind regarding future posts. 

🙄

Must be great to be able to see how the repair's going on as tech's working on it, that's really cool - the pictures tell a story themselves.

How does the amp sound now ? Back working again ?

Edited by ahpook

20 minutes ago, Bloc Riff Nut said:

I have a recording of last week's rehearsal but it's all very basic. 

I'm not sure it would be too great for judging the amp tbh. You'd also have to hear through my fairly average playing. 

Having said thay I'm very happy with the sound. 

Well if you're happy then that's great.

Glad it all got sorted out in the end.

Edited by ahpook

1 hour ago, Ricky 4000 said:

It's poor etiquette to post in a language other than the forum's home language.

In fact it's against the rules of some forums (including a large one - ooo er - that I admin').

So there. 👍

Oi! >:(

I though BassChat was an international forum?!?!?! O.o

After all, they let you on here, Ricky :D ;)

*runs and hides* smiley

• Haha 1

Ricky, my feeling was that I posted in English - explaining the Dutch post that followed. 

People chit chatting back and forth in a foreign language is what I would call rude or poor etiquette. 

Anyway I hope the audio files didn't offend anyone. They are closer to poor etiquette than ant foreign language😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bloc Riff Nut said:

Ricky, my feeling was that I posted in English - explaining the Dutch post that followed. 

People chit chatting back and forth in a foreign language is what I would call rude or poor etiquette. 

Anyway I hope the audio files didn't offend anyone. They are closer to poor etiquette than ant foreign language😉

Don't worry about it BRN :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bloc Riff Nut said:

I'm sorry, I hadn't read the thread - it was just a drive-by flaming from me - which I'm now ashamed of.

Please accept my apologies. 😔

Edited by Ricky 4000

• 1 year later...

Hello to you all ,

My name is Sjors , ....and my nickname at the dutch Bass Guitar Forum is "MR. LEE".

I'm the one , who overhauled the Marshall Plexi bass guitar amplifier , which belongs to Phil ( alias "Bloc Riff Nut " )

I had really no idea ,  that you guys should visit my repair thread at the dutch BGF.

Well , ...I'm sorry to tell you , that in the meantime  , I've  removed the complete thread ( "Op de Reparatie-tafel van MR. LEE" ="On the working bench of MR. LEE ) , due to a quarrrel in a thread about politics , in which some dutch forum-members called  me racist and a nazi ( and some more ) idiot stuff like that.

So a couple of people accused me to be a racist , which i'm NOT !

It made me so angree  , that I decided not to give  repair-explanations and pictures of repairs , or any other support for repairs at that dutch forum any more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you peope in the U.K. have any kind questions about amplifier problems  , I'll try to be helpful to you..

Very friendly regards ,

Sjors ( MR. LEE )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1