Why become a member? ×

-

Jus Lukin

Question

9 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Just stumbled across 'recently used devices'.

Lots of log-ins from 'Ballintoy Harbour, Northern Ireland, BT54, United Kingdom' and 'Barnet, Barnet, EN5, United Kingdom' and a stray one from 'Hampstead, Camden, NW3, United Kingdom'.

May be time to change my password, but what's that all about? No suspicious activity I've noticed from my account, but it does make me wonder!

Thanks, Andy

I would recommend changing your password but wonder if you've been rerouted at some point (if that's possible)

22 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Thanks Charic, perhaps that's all it is- I've changed my password, but still see logins at those locations in the last few days!

If you've changed your password I would say that you're almost definitely being "re-routed" at some point.  Could be via a work network or similar

I think there's something amiss with the recently used devices thing. This is mine:

• Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, B73, United Kingdom   9 minutes ago
  • London, England, EC2V, United Kingdom   2 hours ago
  • Birmingham, Birmingham, B15, United Kingdom   2 hours ago
  • United Kingdom   8 hours ago
  • Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN3, United Kingdom   9 hours ago

I've certainly travelled about a bit today, the only correct bit would be Birmingham B15, I was at Uni until 2pm, and then B73. I've never been to Northampton in my life. :) 

Edited by ambient

But do you know that the location (or administrative address etc) of your service providers POP, that you were connected to at that time, wasn't there?

IMO it's one of those things that developers see as "k3wl", but in reality it's pretty pointless.

• Like 1

Just now, barkin said:

But do you know that the location (or administrative address etc) of your service providers POP, that you were connected to at that time, wasn't there?

IMO it's one of those things that developers see as "k3wl", but in reality it's pretty pointless.

No idea, but it lists a whole load of stuff that makes perfect sense, then just dumps a wobbler in on that one and one other which seems weird. Seems similar to what the OP had found.