Why become a member? ×

Interesting (Ashdown content)

Bigwan

45 minutes ago, TJ Spicer said:

I do a lot of chordal stuff and with the drive kept down, it’s clarity is really beautiful!  On the volume front, I was surprised at how loud it will go, even staying clean. It far exceeds my expectations of 30w!

This is just what I wanted to hear, as although my band isn't that loud (two acoustic guitarists and an electronic drum kit) I want to keep the valve tone clean.

YouTube video will be on its way hopefully this week. TJS Bass is my channel, if you want to subscribe you’ll know straight away when it goes out, but I will of course put a link in here! 

However, intending to record a track today, so may have some clips from that I can post later! 

T

19 minutes ago, walbassist said:

This is just what I wanted to hear, as although my band isn't that loud (two acoustic guitarists and an electronic drum kit) I want to keep the valve tone clean.

I think this could be the perfect head for that, I truly adore the clean, warm valve tone. The Feedback knob really helps get the tone to where I want it, I find.

• Thanks 1

So... For the impatient amongst you I have a little video! It's just what i've been working on composing today, so not incredibly real-world for most players and just on an iPhone. However, plug in some headphones and you get an idea of some of the warmth and the cleans it produces. I will do some proper/more in depth but talk-free demos, as per the rest of my channel, later this week! T

Edited by TJ Spicer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have any BC'ers picked up a Little Stubby?..  keen to hear thoughts, I briefly got to try one at the bass guitar show last year but didn't get a feel for volume - I'd like something I could use at Rehearsals.  Doesn't have to necessarily keep up with an acoustic drum kit as drummer uses an electric kit so can turn the volume down but I want to be able to get a reasonable amount out of it .

2 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

Have any BC'ers picked up a Little Stubby?..  keen to hear thoughts, I briefly got to try one at the bass guitar show last year but didn't get a feel for volume - I'd like something I could use at Rehearsals.  Doesn't have to necessarily keep up with an acoustic drum kit as drummer uses an electric kit so can turn the volume down but I want to be able to get a reasonable amount out of it .

one in the for sale forum now...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PJ-Bassist said:

It will be fine for this. I have the prototype from the show. There’s a tonne more volume if you run the EQ full open. It’s a passive cutting EQ, so as you turn them down the volume comes down - all down = no volume. 

Also depends on cabs of course. What cabs would you be using? I use BF so very efficient use of the 30w. 

11 minutes ago, TJ Spicer said:

It will be fine for this. I have the prototype from the show. There’s a tonne more volume if you run the EQ full open. It’s a passive cutting EQ, so as you turn them down the volume comes down - all down = no volume. 

Also depends on cabs of course. What cabs would you be using? I use BF so very efficient use of the 30w. 

Mark bass Travellers at the moment. 2x10 which I will add either another 2x10 or a 1x15.