Why become a member? ×

Traynor YBA 200 - Sale or Trades - more trade info added!
£450

aj5string

In my 'Start of the Year Kit Consolidation,' I'm offering this glorious head for sale/trades.

I got it during the summer in a trade - the value in the listing when I traded it was £450, so thats what I'm offering it for - seems very reasonable based on what these have sold for on here/ebay/reverb and what a similar option would cost.

Bit of history as it's been upgraded to MK2 specs - The original owner had it upgraded to Mk II specs by Mike @ MPAV services in Bolton, based on he schematic from Daren @ Traynor. It was later sold, and unfortunately It failed shortly after the sale and was returned to the seller who then advertised it as needing repairing. It sold as such for £200, and treated to a full repair/once over by Mike Still (Legend to those in the know) before being traded with me.  In the time since I have had it, I've used it at low, recording volumes in my studio, but, never gigged it.

It is an absolute monster - both in looks, sounds and weight.  It does everything a big, old skool valve amp does, and has plenty of volume for any situation.  But, realistically, I'm not going to gig with it, and I have recently acquired some very nice bits of kit that let me get the sound for recording purposes.  It has literally sat in my studio since I purchased it - has been used in this time - but not out of my studio.  Comes complete with a cover.

Ideally looking at a sale - but, open to trades - hit me up with options!

Because of all those valves, I don't think postage is a realistic option.  I'm in Devon - have a gig in London on Saturday 17th so would be happy to meet anyone on the M4 or A303 routes... Alternatively, I could package it very securely, but, arranging of a courier would be completely down to you.

Any questions etc, please let me know!

IMG_20180118_205613.jpg

Edited by aj5string
Extra Info
  • Like 2

Bit more info on the history of the amp;

t's a Mk 1, modified to be a Mk 2, and then sold. It failed shortly after the sale and was returned to the seller who then advertised it as needing repairing. It sold as such for £200, and treated to a full repair by a pro, before being traded with me.  In the time since I have had it, I've used it at low volumes in my studio, but, never gigged it.

Based on this, would be happy to listen to offers etc if you are interested - otherwise, I'll probably put it on eBay over the weekend.

16 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

And I was the previous owner who had the repair done by Mike Still, who is legendary in these parts. Buy this amp with confidence!

Cheers for this - like I said, it's been perfect for me, but all the info we have is useful!

Just to add - I was the original owner who had it upgraded to Mk II specs by Mike @ MPAV services in Bolton.  I have the original schematic for the upgrade from Daren @ Traynor if it helps anyone at all.  Great amp this with plenty of beef and a lovely valvey breakup when pushed

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick message to say, this is on eBay, but would really be open to a trade, and a bass that has a 50s/60s vibe/look for a new project... As such, for the right looking bass, I'd be happy to take a hit on the trade value, or, add cash as appropriate...

Get in touch!