Why become a member? ×

New Fender Rumble Stage 800 Impedance Switch

G-Dog

I've got the Bronco modelling amp from Fenders previous "generation". There's good resources online like downloadable manuals and a user forum. Their customer service do reply to email within a couple of days which is good but they may not always have the answer you want! For example, I wanted mine for the recording more than the effects and fender still can't release me a licence to the recording software. I've been asking for quite some time now. Still doesn't stop me using it as a practice amp though :)

4 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

For example, I wanted mine for the recording more than the effects and fender still can't release me a licence to the recording software. I've been asking for quite some time now. Still doesn't stop me using it as a practice amp though :)

I must be dumb, I don't understand what software licence you would need?

They can't have restrictions on the emulators surely?

32 minutes ago, Highfox said:

I must be dumb, I don't understand what software licence you would need?

They can't have restrictions on the emulators surely?

Not dumb, just me not fully explaining! They give you a licence to Ableton to use as a recording interface. Problem is they ran out of licences and I'm on old kit so it's taking them time to get new licences. The fender fuse software runs the effects, cab simulation (the extras to what can be done with just the amp) and all the stuff to edit the amp presets. You don't need separate licences to Fenders own software.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G-Dog said:

The manual for the Rumble Studio 40 includes the Rumble Stage 800, as the software is the same.

Got it now thanks - it's a bit of a convoluted journey to find it! 

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Original/10001/OM_2376XXX000_Rumble_Studio_40_Stage_800_Rev_A_ENGLISH.pdf

Edited by Muppet
added link

• 1 year later...

I just purchased a Fender Rumble 800 ,and the manual states, regarding impedance loads, to match total impedance rating of cabinet (s)  connected , recommend CONTINUOS power rating is 400W (min) per cabinet .

My question being, does the Rumble 800 continuously put out 400W  , a continuous power output of 400W, which does make a difference , or do the cabinets need to be able to handle a 400W continuous load? It seems almost self explanatory but, I am curious as to the CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT of this Amplifier. Love the head, great sound, just what I've been looking for and play through a Markbass 410HF cabinet which will handle 800W . The Markbass cab sounds great. Love it. Full body and warmth. Pairs well with the Fender Rumble 800 !!!

This Fender Rumble 800 is perfect. Tried the little Markbass 800 "tube " head , it was new and right out of the box the master volume control was scratchy. The so called Tube was nothing more than a gimmick, made NO difference to the sound! Seems they ought to stick to making speaker cabinets and stop trying so hard to make Amplifier heads.

Thank you in advance ,

Michael 

On 18/01/2020 at 16:20, Citrithungol said:

I just purchased a Fender Rumble 800 ,and the manual states, regarding impedance loads, to match total impedance rating of cabinet (s)  connected , recommend CONTINUOS power rating is 400W (min) per cabinet .

My question being, does the Rumble 800 continuously put out 400W  , a continuous power output of 400W, which does make a difference , or do the cabinets need to be able to handle a 400W continuous load? It seems almost self explanatory but, I am curious as to the CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT of this Amplifier. Love the head, great sound, just what I've been looking for and play through a Markbass 410HF cabinet which will handle 800W . The Markbass cab sounds great. Love it. Full body and warmth. Pairs well with the Fender Rumble 800 !!!

This Fender Rumble 800 is perfect. Tried the little Markbass 800 "tube " head , it was new and right out of the box the master volume control was scratchy. The so called Tube was nothing more than a gimmick, made NO difference to the sound! Seems they ought to stick to making speaker cabinets and stop trying so hard to make Amplifier heads.

Thank you in advance ,

Michael 

Hi, Michael 

A.  Looks like you've made the common mistake of confusing the Rumble Stage 800 combo, which this thread is about, with the newer Rumble 800 HD head.  While they do have some similarities, they are not quite the same.  Both are rated to be capable of putting up to 400W continuous into an 8 ohm load.  But, unless you crank the volume and/or gain, you probably won't actually be doing nearly that.  Many bassists safely use lower-rated cabs with higher-powered amps simply by keeping the amp turned down, which sends much less power to the cab(s).

2.  I see that your Marbass 410HF cab is available in 8 ohm, or 4 ohm, impedance.  Be aware that, if yours is the 4 ohm version, the Rumble Stage 800 could send up to "only" about 500W continuous into it, because it also has it's 8 ohm internal speakers.  But the Rumble 800 HD could send up to the full 800W continuous into it!  Again, more reasonable volume and gain settings will reduce that maximum output. 

iii.  Your reference to "the recommended 400W continuous power rating per cabinet" comes from the Rumble 800 HD manual where it talks about connecting multiple cabinets.  But, if connecting just one 4 ohm cabinet it should have, at least, an 800W continuous power rating to be most safe (in case it does get really cranked).  So, if yours is the 4 ohm cab and the Rumble 800 HD head, then you are very well matched, as is.  And you could even add another 4 ohms of speakers for even more SPL (Sound Pressure Level), but still only up to the maximum 800W continuous into that whole 2 ohm load.

¥.  "Continuous" power ratings are similar to (but not exactly the same as) "RMS" power ratings, which are both usually about half of the "program" or "peak" power ratings for the very same exact piece of equipment!  So your head and cab are each probably rated something like 1600W "program" or "peak".  And there are various other names for other rating types that, when none are specified, does make it very confusing and even dangerous to compare such "apples to oranges".

I sincerely hope this helps.  🙂

Edited by G-Dog