Why become a member? ×

Get well soon Dave Swift!!

barneyg42

Just seen a message from Dave's missus Lucy that he's a bad fall and fractured his arm and also a deep wound which has required surgery! Bloody bad luck for the fella, he's not long recovered from complications from hernia surgery! Arm in a cast and sling, could be a while before he's back in the saddle! 

Gutted for such a nice guy!  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thank you all for your kind words and get well wishes. I’m very grateful. 😊

I was at a neighbours house at the weekend, and all the floors were bare, varnished, highly polished floorboards, and after dinner, whilst going down some steps, I lost my footing and came crashing down on the stairs themselves.
My right forearm took the main hit, resulting in a deep open wound which bled profusely at the time. 
I was rushed to hospital in a state of shock, and it was confirmed I’d broken my arm too. (First break ever!) 

I spent the night in hospital and had my arm operated on the next day to clean and close the wound. 
It’s now in a cast and sling. My whole of my back is also badly bruised, and the side of my face took a hit too.

After being given copious amounts of morphine at hospital, I’m now taking strong oral painkillers and antibiotics here at home.
Unfortunately, as well as the injury, I’m now going to be missing a lot of work whilst I’m incapacitated. 

Poor Lucy now has two males at home who can’t look after themselves!  😉

Thank you all again for reaching out.

All the best, 

Dave. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, swiftbass said:

Thank you all for your kind words and get well wishes. I’m very grateful. 😊

I was at a neighbours house at the weekend, and all the floors were bare, varnished, highly polished floorboards, and after dinner, whilst going down some steps, I lost my footing and came crashing down on the stairs themselves.
My right forearm took the main hit, resulting in a deep open wound which bled profusely at the time. 
I was rushed to hospital in a state of shock, and it was confirmed I’d broken my arm too. (First break ever!) 

I spent the night in hospital and had my arm operated on the next day to clean and close the wound. 
It’s now in a cast and sling. My whole of my back is also badly bruised, and the side of my face took a hit too.

After being given copious amounts of morphine at hospital, I’m now taking strong oral painkillers and antibiotics here at home.
Unfortunately, as well as the injury, I’m now going to be missing a lot of work whilst I’m incapacitated. 

Poor Lucy now has two males at home who can’t look after themselves!  😉

Thank you all again for reaching out.

All the best, 

Dave. 

Get well soon...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...