Why become a member? ×

Guy Pratt - Inglourious Bassterd in Stroud

NJE

As the title says, Guy Pratt is doing his show at the Marshall Rooms in Stroud on March 9th. I have had his book for years and I know he will probably be using the same stories, but it will be nice to see him do it in the flesh and hopefully get my book signed and say hello.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I saw him last night and whilst I knew a lot of the stories from his book and a couple of YouTube vids over the years, it was a pure joy to watch him tell them in person.

He seemed so incredibly humbled by the fact people had paid to go and see him talk and seemed to bit a little nervous to start but really warmed up when he realised how much everyone was loving the show.

Said hello, shook his hand and said thanks for being a big influence and got my very old copy of his book signed. One big tick off my list.

As a funny side note, the venue he was playing and the Diner next door were owned by Keith Allen. Having seen him on TV and being a cult figure amongst me and friend for his appearance in Twin Town, it was really strange to have him bring me dinner and then see him singing vindaloo with Guy at the end of the night. Good times!