Why become a member? ×

Playing in Europe - What do I need to know?

NoRhino

My band play on mainland Europe a fair bit. We approach the power requirement by buying a couple of European plug and change the UK plug on a couple of 2m single socket extension leads. They take up a small amount of additional space, are not expensive and then allow you to use your own extension leads from there on.

Generally, the venues will feed and water you too. The audiences are also far more receptive and even seem to appreciate you being there. Pretty much the direct opposite of a UK audience!!

If you go through the tunnel to get there, I heartily recommend the burger van in the car park where you queue to board the train. The 'dog and egg' is a wonderful creation (pork burger with a fried egg on top).

I can guarantee you'll have a great time and drive on the right. It's always the first roundabout that (almost) catches me out!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

If you go through the tunnel to get there, I heartily recommend the burger van in the car park where you queue to board the train. The 'dog and egg' is a wonderful creation (pork burger with a fried egg on top).

+1 for this. Plus if you go by tunnel and you're early they'll put you on  the soonest one with space, so you can plan your journey to have plenty of time and not end up sitting around for an hour waiting for the correct train if you get there early.

6 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Generally, the venues will feed and water you too. The audiences are also far more receptive and even seem to appreciate you being there. Pretty much the direct opposite of a UK audience!!

This!

Gigged extensively in Europe (outside UK....) from the 80's to last July. 

Always well looked after by promoters/venues & audiences mad for a good time.

You'll have a Fab time. 

6 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I heartily recommend the burger van in the car park where you queue to board the train. The 'dog and egg' is a wonderful creation (pork burger with a fried egg on top).

I didn't realise how popular that little creation was.....

Certainly taken over from the all night 'Cowboy Frenchy' at the Burger wagon, outside the Spitalfields Church, Whitechapel.

A large Baguette filled with Sausage, bacon and fried eggs... A 2:00am treasure :D.