Why become a member? ×

Slow site?

ead

Question

14 answers to this question

8 hours ago, ead said:

I seems to me that the site is slow again.  I can be typing and it will take several seconds before the text actually appears.  Pages are slow to load too I feel.

Strange, as far as I'm aware no maintenance was going on but I'll see what I can dig up.

Can you let me know if it still seems slow when you're back?

16 minutes ago, ead said:

Will do.  Just snuck on at work this morning and it seems fine at the moment.  Maybe my laptop is doing something in the background that I was not aware of?  Sorry to have troubled you.

It's cool, I would rather have a false alarm than not know about a legitimate issue.

I'm getting the logs checked anyway but yeah it could have been a blip on your end :)

I'm finding the whole site very slow to load compared with other sites. I know I have a poor connection 2Mb at best but the Guardian and Talk Photography for example load more quickly and react more fluidly.

I don't know if it's my connection or something at your end but it's definitely frustrating.

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 16:25, fleabag said:

Nothing wrong here - site's  zipping along nicely, which suggests the problem is yours

Other sites are fine and to be fair occasionally this is briefly quick but generally it's slower than other sites. It can be really slow when the other sites are zipping along (comparatively speaking given my connection). If everything was slow or just sites from just one area/country. Who can say?

It's been off and on many times and that does nothing for it even though the simple solutions are often the best.

Edited by Graulges

The site has been almost unbearably slow for me for the past week or so too. I tend to browse on my iPad and have used both WiFi and 4G with no difference in performance. Same on iPhone (again, WiFi and 4G) but it seems to be fine on my Windows 10 laptop running Firefox. Definitely isn’t my internet connection as every other site loads fine?

often when I click a link to get to a section on BC the header will load almost immediately but the content will then take a long while to catch up.

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

The site has been almost unbearably slow for me for the past week or so too. I tend to browse on my iPad and have used both WiFi and 4G with no difference in performance. Same on iPhone (again, WiFi and 4G) but it seems to be fine on my Windows 10 laptop running Firefox. Definitely isn’t my internet connection as every other site loads fine?

often when I click a link to get to a section on BC the header will load almost immediately but the content will then take a long while to catch up.

Just reported this to our server man who has restarted everything so let me know if it’s ok now. 

Presume you’re using safari on iPad?

3 hours ago, ped said:

Just reported this to our server man who has restarted everything so let me know if it’s ok now. 

Presume you’re using safari on iPad?

Yes, Safari on iPad and iPhone. The site now feels like it’s switching intermittently between being absolutely fine and very slow again. It’s better than it was though - I’d say it’s fine 70% of the time now. I can live with that!