Why become a member? ×

Has anyone blagged their way into the Musicman factory?

stingrayPete1977

Back in the year 2000 I did the Pacific Coast Highway from LA up to San Francisco, fantastic road trip.

We had no pre-booked hotels and just stopped at motels where we ended up and the end of each day.

We actually stopped for one night in San Louis Osbispo, a lovely place with a great feel.

What I didn’t realise at the time, that’s where my bass was made, I spotted it on the headstock along time after my trip and it suddenly clicked.

Why don't you try it on a bit.  Get in touch with their PR folk and tell them you own 15 MM basses (or whatever the real number is if you're averse to doing penance)  and have come all the way from The Old Country on a pilgrimage just to see them.  You never know...

10 hours ago, steantval said:

Back in the year 2000 I did the Pacific Coast Highway from LA up to San Francisco, fantastic road trip.

We had no pre-booked hotels and just stopped at motels where we ended up and the end of each day.

We actually stopped for one night in San Louis Osbispo, a lovely place with a great feel.

What I didn’t realise at the time, that’s where my bass was made, I spotted it on the headstock along time after my trip and it suddenly clicked.

That's pretty much what we're doing, I've done some of the pch on a Harley but we're doing from the Mexican border to just beyond San Fran but in a Jeep Grand Cherokee to keep the wife and her bad back happy this time!

Why not send a message to Big Poppa telling him you're popping in to see him to demonstrate some 'worthwhile upgrades' that can be made to his basses with a view to publicising them on the MM forum. I'm sure that work work a treat and give you full access to the facility.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, mr zed said:

Why not send a message to Big Poppa telling him you're popping in to see him to demonstrate some 'worthwhile upgrades' that can be made to his basses with a view to publicising them on the MM forum. I'm sure that work work a treat and give you full access to the facility.

xD

Oh yeah, he just lurvs those upgrades. :)

8 hours ago, mr zed said:

Ha ha - that would be fun!! However I think you'll find a comprehensive package of upgrades to Stringrays have just been announced - both for SR4 and SR5. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f4e439372d55da5960600a82b7a0b526.jpeg