Why become a member? ×

Squier Jaguar HB, where did they go?

dazza14

A few years ago I visited Dawson's Music in Reading and tried a bunch of (at the time) newly released Jaguar basses by Squier. I tried one with a P/J configuration, a short scale, a Troy Sanders sig and one with a single humbucker. Which I thought played really well and was a nicely priced bass. 

Squier have since discontinued this certain model and they hardly ever appear on here or e-bay for sale so where have they all gone?

Did they sell in such small numbers that no-one owns them or are the owners so happy with these basses that they're keeping hold of them??

I saw one on Gumtree before Christmas that had lost an argument with a belt sander, but these things are rare but I thought they were nice basses.

Any owners out there??

p1_uckk4qmmk_so.jpg

i remember Thomann selling these for an absolute steal a couple of years back, it think the black one was going for about £159 or something. one of the students at my college bought one, felt nice to play but wasn't sold on the tone (but that could of just been how his was dialed in) 

I've got a 5 string version which has  the PJ setup and is active. Some nice tones. I had a red one but it had truss rod rattle so had to swop it for a less nice sunburst one.

It's a P-Bass type width, 47/8mm if I remember correctly. Like many Squiers, I think the rosewood fingerboard did for them, I tried to get one from the USA but hit CITES snags.

I have a four string pj active jaguar,is actually a really nice bass,the neck has some flame maple,i upgraded it with fender usa p pickup and a entwistle neodymium jazz pickup 

A vintage fender bridge and wilkinson machineheads i really should use it more often 

Might take it to practise next week.

• 11 months later...

I own one of these models. I got it last September at a local(ish) music store, it cost £180 but had been modified with a Fender neck so i felt it was worth it seeing that Fender necks alone cost about £100 at least.

It plays beautifully, the pickup is more versatile than most, especially if you max out the Mid because it gets super crunchy and sorta overdriven. 

As for the rarity, mine is the only on I've ever seen, which I feel is due to both people not wanting to part with them and because so few were made. 

15472061987011416564099429428844.jpg

• Like 1