Why become a member? ×

Eden noob needs some help

cris the man

Hi everyone

I’ve got an Eden WTP600 after upgrading from my WTX500.

Im running into two old D series cabs but I’m getting no volume and having to crank it up halfway to hear myself over the drums. After doing this all I can hear is the equivalent of a helicopter trying to escape the amp.

ive sent it back to Eden but they said there’s nothing wrong with it, so all I can assume is that the wattage and impedence is totally off. 

The cycle setting on the amp changes the heads output from 600watts at 4ohms to 600 watts at 8phms. The cabs are really old with the 4x10 running 540 Watts RMS at 8ohms. 

The 1x15 is 250watts RMS at 8 ohms.

any ideas on what I should do? Will I need new cab(s) and is the 1x15 useless at the rates wattage etc? 

Go easy on me :) 

Guest Jecklin

Have you tried a different amplifier through your cabs and have you tried your amplifier through different cabs?

Both of those would be my first course of action. ie testing what you have as something is definitely wrong.

An eden 410 is not a quiet cab.

Edited by Jecklin

Hi,

I have the 600WTP (actually it's for sale since falling in love with Trickfish). Here are my experiences with it.

I ran the head through at 4ohms 410XLT. The rig was loud enough for me. The fan kicks in when the head gets warm but never noticed it working overtime. The eq and enhance can create a huge amount of low end if boosted to much, which if you are isn't going to help you get volume out of the rig. 

As far as I'm aware the amp only outs out 600w at 4ohms. This is usually halved at 8ohms. How are you connecting the cabs? 

Are you clipping the power amp? What are your input gain and master volume settings?

On 02/02/2018 at 00:13, attackbass said:

Hi,

I have the 600WTP (actually it's for sale since falling in love with Trickfish). Here are my experiences with it.

I ran the head through at 4ohms 410XLT. The rig was loud enough for me. The fan kicks in when the head gets warm but never noticed it working overtime. The eq and enhance can create a huge amount of low end if boosted to much, which if you are isn't going to help you get volume out of the rig. 

As far as I'm aware the amp only outs out 600w at 4ohms. This is usually halved at 8ohms. How are you connecting the cabs? 

Are you clipping the power amp? What are your input gain and master volume settings?

I’ll send a picture through on Monday. Trying every combination but running speakon to jack as the cabs don’t have a speakon in. 

Its tone is lush but for a recording setting the fan is ridiculous 

On 03/02/2018 at 18:57, cris the man said:

I’ll send a picture through on Monday. Trying every combination but running speakon to jack as the cabs don’t have a speakon in. 

Its tone is lush but for a recording setting the fan is ridiculous 

I’m running it like this, cycle setting is on orange but only using the one cab to get the ohms right. 

38168668-4503-4B7C-95CD-F5C38FDE09BE.jpeg

44DAE19F-8A39-4982-84F7-B58CEF2C41DB.jpeg

ED8A1BD8-8BCB-4443-B27F-5D78340D4258.jpeg

6FCBDAD1-965D-4755-8D75-72778E47DCFE.jpeg

Guest Jecklin

Blimey:

Do you notice any difference in fan volume if you run with no cabinets attached?

Have you tried mucking around with the balance knob as well? I see you have it centered. What happens when you turn it to the extremes?

Guest Jecklin

The fan on my old hartke HA3500 was pretty loud, so for recording, if mic'ing up the cabinet we'd have the head behind baffles away from the cabinet.

If eden say the amp is ok and you can get the cabinet up to the volume you need, but the fan is too loud you may find this is your only option.

Good luck :)

On 07/02/2018 at 13:52, Jecklin said:

Blimey:

Do you notice any difference in fan volume if you run with no cabinets attached?

Have you tried mucking around with the balance knob as well? I see you have it centered. What happens when you turn it to the extremes?

I’ll give this is a whirl, if it works I’ll just leave basschat as that would be too embarrassing!

On 07/02/2018 at 13:55, Jecklin said:

The fan on my old hartke HA3500 was pretty loud, so for recording, if mic'ing up the cabinet we'd have the head behind baffles away from the cabinet.

If eden say the amp is ok and you can get the cabinet up to the volume you need, but the fan is too loud you may find this is your only option.

Good luck :)

I’ve never had this issue before and if that’s how it works I’m pretty disappointed. I’ll be leaving Eden behind and selling kodney(s) to jump on the  darkglass hype.

thanks for all your help so far everyone