Why become a member? ×

Vintage Yamaha SB500 (Super Bass) '78/'79 Japan SOLD!
£450

SurroundedByManatees

For sale again. I did doubt a little, so removed it when listed earlier. But as I just keep it in it's case, it gotta move now. Besides ive got my eyes on something different which can't be picked up for free.....unfortunately;).

RlOk6Pr.jpg

RlOk6Pr.jpg

You're looking at a scarce vintage Yamaha SB500 from the late 70s. It is basically a jazz type bass with broad precision neck. It sound just great, like a jazz but a little darker in my opinion. It has an avarage weight of 4,3 kilos I believe, will check later with my kitchen scale.

The bass plays well and sounds just great with rounds or flats. All hardware and electronics work fine like they should. This yamaha is definetely in great shape for its age. Of course it is used, but it hasnt to much marks on it. The body has a nice transparent finish.

FYMlyCH.jpg

5syj5K5.jpg

B3ycZ29.jpg

6Ukk3Dt.jpg

lERNjBP.jpg

5sgQps5.jpg

7SJCR1b.jpg

Original instruction booklet in japanese is included.

z8lS6jX.jpg

Fixed Price: £450 (sorry, will not be sold for less)

This Yammie is based in The Netherlands, but shipping within the EU aint a problem. It will initially be sold without the pictured case, due to limitations of the couriers shipping from the netherlands. I havent found a courier yet of which Im sure that they take packages of hardcase length. So thats why I lowered the price with 50gbp since the last time it had been listed with case. The neck will be removed from the body for packing. Please inform for shippingcosts to your destination (will be around 25-30).

Edited by SurroundedByManatees

I really can't answer to that as there are so many varieties in the P bass sound, & personal interpretation plays a large role also. As almost any jazz bass I assume it might come close, but it's still not a precision:). 

Actually I never really compared it 1 to 1 with my precision, might be a fun thing for the weekend.