Why become a member? ×

Genzler magellan 800?

spencer.b

A very fine amp that sounds great and has a real quality look/feel.  I really like mine and agree with karlfer about the versatility.  I have a lot of time for Jeff Genzler too; he personally answered a query I left on their website and I know he's done that for others on this forum.  Also nice to see that their UK pricing is (or was last time I looked) much more reasonable than comparable US stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, karlfer said:

Streamliner (IMO) always needed bass rolling back to about 9 o'clock.

Just got a Magellan, impressed with it, very versatile, between clean/drive/contour & eq points.

Bit of a thread here.

I was about to chip in with my thoughts and experiences of the Magellan as well as link to my review that I'd posted on Basschat a while ago but @karlfer has beaten me to it xD

In summary, an incredibly versatile amp that is virtually impossible to get a bad sound from. Bags of the elusive heft that folks say is lacking from many class D amps. Oh, and the drive channel is astounding; low gain vintage tube like warmth through to a smooth, rich overdrive that is perfect for Motown and dad rock.

What everybody else said -  versatile, good quality and holding up well, reasonably priced, good features e.g. for silent practice and most importantly I like the tone signature and that it outputs the elusive "heft"... ;-) Made the same experience in regards to customer service, product queries are normally answered quickly by the boss himself. Lusting for one of these array cabs but thats a different topic.

Edited by lowerbassment

Magellan 800 has been my to go amp for the last 18 months.

you can hook it up to a 210 for coffee house gigs, and to a 412 in a rock band for large stages - it always delivers

plenty of power and punch (and I am not a fan of many class D products out there due to lack of of punch...).

The contour knob (with 2 different curves) makes the sound from vintage to modern, without even touching the EQ.

The DI out is of high quality, and I dont even use my Radial standalone DIs any more....