Why become a member? ×

hi

stunningley

Hey guys-just thought I would introduce myself!I'm Sara from Yorkshire (ooh, this is like Blind Date!)

Anyway-I'm hoping to take up the bass again v soon. Had lessons when I was a 15 year old goth (long time ago!)and had a Squier jazz bass-My love of music has stayed with me all these years and I just want to learn again for thepleasure of itand jam along to a few records at home really!

Have my heart set on getting a Rickenbacker 4003-just love the look and sound-should probably start again with something cheaper but what the hell!

Anyway-look forward to learning from you guys! All tips appreciated-thanks! X

On 29/01/2018 at 19:14, stunningley said:

Have my heart set on getting a Rickenbacker 4003-just love the look and sound-should probably start again with something cheaper but what the hell!

Hi Sara, nice to see another girl on here. Welcome! You from Leeds, by any chance? I lived there for over twenty years.

If your budget will stretch to it, I'd follow your heart. You only live once! My own instrument is an Ibanez GSR200 - very bass-ic - but I've promised myself a more high-end axe once I feel confident enough to gig. And a nice Eden stack to go with it.

Get yourself the bass you like, plug in and enjoy the ride. But beware the GAS!

Laura x

• 2 weeks later...