Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Short Scale Modern Player

dodgnofski

After a two year search I've finally managed to bag one of these beauties in the 'see through' white Finish and - apart from the weight :( - it is an absolute cracker :) 

Just wondered if there are any Fender aficionados out there in BC land who know when these were made from & until, were they only available in the white and candy red Finish and obviously roughly, how many were produced before production stopped?

I still can't believe that Fender in their infinite wisdom decided to stop making these cracking, versatile, easy to play, great sounding Basses :( ??

Did you get the one on Ebay or the one on Gumtree? I was set for the one on Gumtree but the guy sold it the day before my mate could collect it. :-(

I'm certain they only did white and red. I had a red one but didn't like the colour so moved it on. I'm still looking for a white.... I remember the red being heavy!

Hi, I bought this one locally from a guitarist who fancied playing bass so wanted a short scale, but then never got around to it - thankfully :)  The red one is a bit flashy for my old bones :( - Can't believe they couldn't produce a short scale under my personal threshold of 8lbs :( - maybe they chambered the body and then filled it with lead :) ?? or made the bodies from a particular dense species of Alder :) !!