Why become a member? ×

Ghost Pickups

DarkHeart

Today I dropped off my active T-Bird to have a set of passive Ghost Pickups `Dirty Dozen` hand built pickups installed, has anyone heard of Ghost Pickups? Theyre a one man band based in Whitley Bay up her in the good old North East, just wondering if anyone has got any feedback on them, I will update this when I get my bass back in a couple of weeks (would have been next week but we are gigging nearby in 2 weeks so it saves me a trip). His prices are pretty good as well, 2 hand wound humbuckers, 4 pots and fitting for £160 and they have a contrasting veneer top and a 10 year warranty, should be getting pics this week of the build so I will post them on here. I actually can`t wait to try these out!

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

Wilf's a top bloke, and well respected. He rewound the pickup in my '73P recently, and it sounds as smart as a dart.

He knows his stuff, and his customer service is spot-on.

Yeah he seemed a really genuine friendly bloke, he is bringing the bass back to me at a gig in North Shields so my first play of it will be at volume through the Hartke Kilo and i`ll be able to try it against my Quarter Pounder equipped Ibanez Destroyer. Good times!

• Like 1

One of the guitarists in my current band has had numerous mods done to his pedals through Wilf, seems like a good guy. 

When I recorded at Nemix, I did get to play a bass with his Dirty Dozen pickups in, which had a chorus built into them somehow.

Great sounding pickups, I would love a set at somepoint.