Why become a member? ×

DI box - anyone used of these?

T-Bay

+1 for Orchid. Absolutely the best bang for the buck. £25 quid for the little Micro DI if you don't need to link through to an amp (perfect for keys, acoustic etc) or £35 for the Classic DI if you need a link through and a couple of extra features.

Hand built in the UK for the same price as the mass produced cheap stuff. Can't go wrong!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jon built an A/B DI with mute and tuner output, and level control for each input for me several years ago.  It was great (if slightly rustic) 

The only time I’ve had an issue with any of the Orchid DI boxes is running a line out put from an SWR  amp - just not enough headroom on the DI input.  But that really was user error, it was a hot line level signal. 

1 hour ago, BassBod said:

Jon built an A/B DI with mute and tuner output, and level control for each input for me several years ago.  It was great (if slightly rustic) 

The only time I’ve had an issue with any of the Orchid DI boxes is running a line out put from an SWR  amp - just not enough headroom on the DI input.  But that really was user error, it was a hot line level signal. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AAM25L-Mono-Audio-Attenuator-25dB-line-to-mic-level-1-4-Jacks/183022755574?hash=item2a9d019ef6:g:2e8AAMXQXQxRZ~KC

One of these would have sorted you.

Yes, would've done it.  Jon's older Di box design (I think the same thing in a different box) had a line input jack, and it worked with the SWR fine, until I got a bit heavy handed one night - the clipped signal took out the power for the PA and lights for about ten seconds....oops...

• 2 years later...