Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

Here is a treat for yall, with one of the best drummers the uk ever  produced well worth checking on Trevor's history he really is the drummer's drummer. i Iremember my dad having the Lp 3 in a cell, what an influence, i still have every Lp by them, but to really get a grip of them check out live at the pickwick.  when they played live everyone went to see them, the stones the beatles, everyone just gob smacked 3 people could create such a big sound and tighter than a gnats chuff. A real shame Tab died so young, he had the potential  of being on everyone's A list and i wonder what else he could of done if only, a real loss to the advancement of bass i think, ahh well ... RIp tab, enjoy all.

oh go on then,  another influence on my playing was Gaz ( a member on here) you will know him from JTQ,  well worth checking out his own stuff, as he has done so much to help push the boundaries of brit funk he deserves alot of kudos and such a great player. if you like your funk raw and "REAL" go search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...