Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

31 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Great artist. Lots of his stuff you could possibly know, just didn't realise - from It Must be Love, to Something Inside So Strong.

Yes, I didn’t realise he was the composer of those until I read the article. I didn’t mention those titles so as not to potentially sway people one way or the other before listening to the above track. Definitely going to be checking his music out. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

This was really cool and right up my street. Now checking out more of their stuff. Thanks for sharing, @lowdown!

Yes, a great band to listen to with solid grooves and good horn section arranging. Bassist (back then) Jamil Joanes, had a tight, articulate style. 

In the mid 80's I was working in Rio for about six months and saw them a couple of times live. They were great to listen to.

If I remember correctly, when most of the original members started calling it a day, younger family members stepped in and took over. 

5 hours ago, lowdown said:

Yes, a great band to listen to with solid grooves and good horn section arranging. Bassist (back then) Jamil Joanes, had a tight, articulate style. 

In the mid 80's I was working in Rio for about six months and saw them a couple of times live. They were great to listen to.

If I remember correctly, when most of the original members started calling it a day, younger family members stepped in and took over. 

I’ve ended up buying this on CD today as I love it. 

Must've been a good band to see. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...