Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

On 08/03/2022 at 21:57, Barking Spiders said:

I've a special place in my head for the disco/soul sounds of the 80s, e.g. The Whispers, Shalamar etc. Here's a trio of massive faves I used to have on 12" before the great flood of my south London basement flat in 1997 mullered my entire vinyl collection. It was more than just these 12" though! Anyway here are the 7" versions..

When i was DJing in  the early eighties,if the floor was dead and you felt the need to liven things up a tad,You're the one for me by D Train never failed to hit the spot,one of the funkiest Jazz Funk records or all time,the others weren't to bad either i might add. 

Edited by Mickyk

9 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Marcus Miller magic on this cracker from my favourite Sax cats. 

You don’t by any chance have black satin sheets and a different lady over every night? 😂🤣

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1

Been listening to Anderson Paak a bit, and various other new soul / funk stuff, and Silk Sonic are doing it for me today, all day long, yeah, yeah, yeah, standing on the shoulders of giants etc... but these guys are the new giants imho..... and well..  Bootsy Baaaaaby xx

• Like 1

On 06/05/2022 at 19:20, Reggaebass said:

I vaguely remember this one from back in the day 

Niiiiice! That's hit the sweet spot.  MFSB link to Instant Funk, who were mainly session players for the likes of Lou Rawls, Evelyn Champagne King, O Jays...This was their big hit in the US.

Love this one of theirs too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Niiiiice! That's hit the sweet spot.  MFSB link to Instant Funk, who were mainly session players for the likes of Lou Rawls, Evelyn Champagne King, O Jays...This was their big hit in the US.

Love this one of theirs too

I know the first one well, but never heard Crying, great tune 👍