Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

On 14/05/2021 at 15:29, jazzburger said:

Babysitting in the late 70's meant a couple of bus journeys, some beer, a quick fumble and the best bit - THIS!

Does anyone know who any of the session players were??

The way that’s worded you may be getting a call from Operation Yewtree. 😆

• Haha 2

On 14/05/2021 at 15:29, jazzburger said:

Does anyone know who any of the session players were??

Not much use to you but, up until recently, there was a YouTube channel that hosted just about every American TV show theme going back to the 60's.

Included in the blurb were the names of the players on the sessions. Most of them, were fusion/Jazz/Rock players of that period that we all seem to know of.

I think it had to be removed because of copyright reasons. A great shame really, it was a good resource of information.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lowdown said:

Included in the blurb were the names of the players on the sessions. Most of them, were fusion/Jazz/Rock players of that period that we all seem to know of.

I got a message about this from a YouTuber who mentioned Tom Scott, Chuck Rainey, Rick Marotta and Ray Parker Jr among others. Sounds about right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

The way that’s worded you may be getting a call from Operation Yewtree. 😆

You have a point. I was keeping my girlfriend company. She had an early insight into my character, buying me drumsticks for my 17th birthday. "You drum on everything" she told me.

On 16/05/2021 at 15:03, jazzburger said:

I got a message about this from a YouTuber who mentioned Tom Scott, Chuck Rainey, Rick Marotta and Ray Parker Jr among others. Sounds about right.

Another place to try is allmusic.com May take a bit of digging around and cross-referencing, but they have a lot of details.

• Like 1