Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

Incognito's Randy Hope-Taylor has the most gorgeous tone on this track. The solo takes me off somewhere else and though I have the part written down, I've never tried to play it (tut, tut).

(I don't know why this does not display the video window - it's my browser I think)

Edited by jazzburger
Want my links to work properly...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jazzburger said:

Incognito's Randy Hope-Taylor has the most gorgeous tone on this track. The solo takes me off somewhere else and though I have the part written down, I've never tried to play it (tut, tut).

Magnetic Ocean - YouTube

(I don't know why this does not display the video window - it's my browser I think)

I love his bass solo on this track also.. 😎 

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Wayman Tisdale and I love the clean/filthy sound he gets on 'Circumstances'. I don't use effects but I think I'm hearing chorus and a fair bit of compression - not that I care really, I'm too busy grooving to it.

If a forum member can tell me how to embed YouTube clips I'd be grateful. My posts are all looking pretty dull...

Edited by jazzburger
Being a muppet

7 minutes ago, jazzburger said:

I'm a big fan of Wayman Tisdale and I love the clean/filthy sound he gets on 'Circumstances'. I don't use effects but I think I'm hearing chorus and a fair bit of compression - not that I care really, I'm too busy grooving to it.

Wayman Tisdale - Circumstance - YouTube

If a forum member can tell me how to embed YouTube clips I'd be grateful. My posts are all looking pretty dull...

Copy and paste the YT link from the address bar and the site usually embeds it for you.  Although sometimes I have to do it twice.

Just paste the link without giving it a title.

• Like 1

Well, you hear that drum sound and you just know it's Philadephia International. I have driven at over 100 mph on the inside lane of the M60 listening to this. I'm not proud of it but there were extenuating circumstances...

Derrick Graves on bass.

Edited by jazzburger
We need to know who's playing bass