Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

14 hours ago, PatrickJ said:

Spotify has been throwing out some real tunes in my Daily Mixes recently and this one popped up yesterday. 

Garrett Sayers is a total monster. One of THE modern funk players. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

Very nice, what’s the band called please, I haven’t got my reading glasses so I can’t read the title properly. The groove sounds very Incognito although I am guessing this band may pre date Incognito. Very nice all the same. Sounds like Tom Misch might have had a listen as well, especially to the bassline.

Unashamedly huge Rob Mullarkey fan here. This is really sublime and definitely needs decent headphones to capture the sheer brilliance of the bass line.  His tone and his approach are always so on point. Incredible player. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2021 at 19:53, WishICouldWalk said:

This guy is awesome. Kaspar Vadsholt.

Great rhythm section on this. Being that I’m actually a drummer in disguise as a bassist, I was drawn to the drums on this, very much my style, grooving ghost notes,  although this guy is obviously top class. Some very nice bass as well. Great shout! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNY said:

Unashamedly huge Rob Mullarkey fan here. This is really sublime and definitely needs decent headphones to capture the sheer brilliance of the bass line.  His tone and his approach are always so on point. Incredible player. 

Love love love this. ! Reminds me of Erykah Badu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNY said:

Very nice, what’s the band called please, I haven’t got my reading glasses so I can’t read the title properly. The groove sounds very Incognito although I am guessing this band may pre date Incognito. Very nice all the same. Sounds like Tom Misch might have had a listen as well, especially to the bassline.

Mother Father Sister Brother. Gamble and Huff production. 

• Like 1