Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

17 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

That was the funk that got ya' right there! 🤩

Ida slips into a lush finger-style groove here, after a minute or so of the slap:

That's a game of two halves for me. First half - tremendously impressive, but a bit sterile. Second half - now, then - that, for me, is pure bass-playing virtuosity. I'd pay damned good money to listen to more of the finger-style, but I'd be wandering off to the bar during the slap. Each to their own, of course!

• Like 2

On 26/04/2020 at 11:10, stewblack said:

Ever rediscover an old tune and think, wow this so much better than I ever realised at the time? 

I loved all this at the time and it still sounds great, particularly as the recent mainstream has been dominated by dull-as-ditchwater beige 'artists' like Coldplay, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Tom Walker, Adele etc.  The great things about KCATCs were the humour, the damned sexy coconuts themselves, the shows and some bluddy great tunes. 

44 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I loved all this at the time and it still sounds great, particularly as the recent mainstream has been dominated by dull-as-ditchwater beige 'artists' like Coldplay, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Tom Walker, Adele etc.  The great things about KCATCs were the humour, the damned sexy coconuts themselves, the shows and some bluddy great tunes. 

Must say I didn't dislike the Kid (or his coconuts), but to my ears this is way better than I ever realised. It's me gaining a deeper love of music nothing more.

Just heard this on t'internet radio station (Generation Soul Disco Funk in case you're interested) and had to record / work out what it was after Google shrugged its shoulders and sho' nuff... it's Prince-related. Now this is what I'm talkin'bout....

• Like 1