Why become a member? ×

The Soul, Funk and Groove thread.. Pete Academy's original thread part 2.

bubinga5

Your favourites.?

For all those that dig Soul and Funk and Groove. I can only hope it lasts as long as Pete's thread.

Post your favourite soul and funk right here. 

This will do for now. Early Maceo Parker and the Macks.One of the best funk records I've ever heard. His sax, the drums, the bass, and the absolutely amazing horn section, never get old.  Just to say this was always a follow on from Pete's old thread. I spoke to him when he was really ill. He said,.. Keep the funk going.

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 10

First ever funk vinyl I got at 16, the album blew my mind and I still have it today! Generally didn't like the latter EWF disco stuff although began to appreciate it with age - but their first album is f.o.n.k.y. This is one hell of a Bad tune...like funk techno!

When it comes to the funk, there's really only (the) one for me...the entire P-Funk universe. The P-funk collective covered all bases & spawned a whole load more over the years. I just love em, never more so than when they're just being plain old Parliament and Funkadelic.

Parliament

Funkadelic

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, roceci said:

When it comes to the funk, there's really only (the) one for me...the entire P-Funk universe. The P-funk collective covered all bases & spawned a whole load more over the years. I just love em, never more so than when they're just being plain old Parliament and Funkadelic.

Parliament

Funkadelic

The Bomb! 

• Like 4