Left leaderboard
Skol303

January Composition Challenge - VOTING ENDS TONIGHT!

Choose you top 3 favourites...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Choose you top 3 favourites...

• fleabag 'Feed Your Head'
    • Leonard Smalls 'Free Form Funghi Freakz (FFFF Baby)'
    • lurksalot 'Buckley Nights'
    • Mornats 'The Mushroom Dance'
    • DJpullchord 'Monday 06:49 PM'
    • Doctor J 'View With A Shroom'
    • lowdown 'Psilocybin Experience'
    • Bastav 'Similar Shapes'
    • Skol303 'Amanita'
    • Bleat 'Where The Wild Mushrooms Grow'
    • SH73 'Bass Groove M (mshr`ms) Re'
    • MoonBassAlpha 'Grotto To Risotto'
    • Dad3353 'Hell's Bells ...'
  2. 2. Do you prefer the new format voting page with the tracks embedded? Or the old format, which used good ol' fashioned web links?

• I prefer the new format with the tracks embedded in the page
    • I prefer the old format with weblinks

Voting has now started on January's Composition Challenge.

Firstly thanks to November's winner, Mornats, for choosing this month's inspirational image.

Secondly, thanks to everyone who took part. We have a bumper crop of thirteen entries! Well done guys :drinks:

Please vote for your top THREE favourites:

1) fleabag 'Feed Your Head'

2) Leonard Smalls 'Free Form Funghi Freakz (FFFF Baby)'

3) lurksalot 'Buckley Nights'

4) Mornats 'The Mushroom Dance'

5) DJpullchord 'Monday 06:49 PM'

6) Doctor J 'View With A Shroom'

7) lowdown 'Psilocybin Experience'

8) Bastav 'Similar Shapes'

9) Skol303 'Amanita'

10) Bleat 'Where The Wild Mushrooms Grow'

11) SH73 'Bass Groove M (mshr`ms) Re'

12) MoonBassAlpha 'Grotto To Risotto'

13) Dad3353 'Hell's Bells ...'

Voting ends at midnight on Thursday 1st February.

Edited by Skol303

What a brilliant start to a Saturday morning B|

i normally have a quick listen through to get a feel then put a score to use to compare , this morning my 'scorecard' had no numbers it just lists ..

awesome

incredible

beautiful

how good is that

fantastic playing

superb.

i am barely worthy this month , I honestly don't know how to seperate them :D

OK, but try listening yo the others, not just mine. :|

Edited by Dad3353
  • Haha 2

Having the tracks embedded in the thread is a very positive move, in my opinion, makes it totally straightforward to listen to the entire list. Technology is amazing.

Incredibly difficult to choose.  All so good in different ways.  Thanks for all the hard work, much appreciated here.

It does look like I'm in a tiny minority of preferring the links rather than the embedded tracks, but that's probably due to my (previous) way of deciding which tracks to vote for , which was to open all of the links as separate tabs in a browser and then start eliminating them - the last 3 tabs open are the ones I vote for!  I'll just have to start a scorecard . . .

14 hours ago, TorturedSaints said:

Incredibly difficult to choose.  All so good in different ways.  Thanks for all the hard work, much appreciated here.

It does look like I'm in a tiny minority of preferring the links rather than the embedded tracks, but that's probably due to my (previous) way of deciding which tracks to vote for , which was to open all of the links as separate tabs in a browser and then start eliminating them - the last 3 tabs open are the ones I vote for!  I'll just have to start a scorecard . . .

Thanks for the nice feedback! The monthly composition challenge typically receives a woeful number of votes in comparison to the usual threads about P-bass colours, string choices, cats and what have you... so we're grateful for every crumb of support we can muster. Cheers :drinks:

• Like 3

On 1/30/2018 at 09:07, Skol303 said:

Thanks for the nice feedback! The monthly composition challenge typically receives a woeful number of votes in comparison to the usual threads about P-bass colours, string choices, cats and what have you... so we're grateful for every crumb of support we can muster. Cheers :drinks:

Well, being a previous entrant in the composition challenge (under my previous forum name of RalphDWilson), I know how much work, angst and creative juices go into producing entries!  It's the least I can do to listen and enjoy, even if I'm not entering.

45 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

12 members voted, 13 entries!

10 minutes ago, fleabag said:

About 25, 000 didnt bother

It's still the "will of the people" though, right? :D 

(sailing close to the wind there, I know...)

• Haha 1

Oh fo sho. The will of the people is always right. Just like the customer   :)

3 hours ago, fingers211 said:

Voted..it amazes (or amuses !) me, how the standard increases whenever I've not contributed !!

Crackin' bunch..cheers

Nige

Don't sweat it Nige , I do my best to bring the tone down a bit :D

7 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

12 members voted, 13 entries!

Sorry, my fault. I'll try to be better for next month. :(

And the winner is...

Bleat..!

x93SDBh.gif

Here, then, is your Winner's Certificate (download and save as pdf file, then proudly print and frame...) ...

BC_Chal_Cert_2018_01.pdf

... which looks like this (but bigger, of course..!)…

39999156452_9bbb309565_o.jpg