Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Grangur

Grangur

Richard responded to my "Gotoh 201 Bridge" wanted ad within about 10 minutes of it going up, deal was agreed and the bridge arrived this morning.
Perfect condition, appears to be new in the box and will do the job more than nicely!
Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My son recently purchased a bass flight case from Richard.
I'd like to thank you for the great deal you did for him, he's really pleased.
Richard is a great guy to deal with.
Cheers
Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just bought a Squier VM fretless Precision off Richard at a very reasonable price. Richard was cool about holding the bass for me while I hummed and hahed about buying it after it turned out we wouldn't be able to meet up for a couple of weeks (work, and distance!). Anyway, I thought "what the hell," and transferred the money and got the bass by return. It was exactly as described, in great nick and had been very carefully and thoughtfully packed. Thanks, Richard.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought a Squier Precision from Rich, he dropped it off on way to family over the weekend. Bass is in great shape, a far better set-up than I would have thought possible on a lower range instrument, plays like a dream. Great transaction all round.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

A big Thank You to Richard for bailing me out with the problems I was having with my Kawai. 

A low volume bridge pick up resulted in me ordering a pair of custom replacements which didn't work with the existing preamp. Instructions weren't the clearest - certainly beyond me - but Richard decoded them and was able to install the new pair. 

Again, many thanks...

• 1 month later...

Further thanks to Richard for completing the job of replacing the pickups in my Kawai. There were a few issues with the first set of custom pickups which, frankly, weren't giving me what I wanted from them so they went back. One set of active Wilkinsons and some reshaping of the pickup cavities later (doesn't that sound easy!!??) and the Kawai is again knocking out some fantastic tones.

Richard even brought it round to me, however the neighbours' sleeping child meant that I didn't get the chance to try it on the night. Played it this morning - as stated above, now kicking out great tones.

I need to point out that luthiery isn't Richard's chosen field and that all the work on my Kawai was done around his full time job. Hopefully now he can relax a bit - go fishing, play some golf or whatever helps him chill.

Good man.