Why become a member? ×

Greetings fellow bass lovers!

BreadBin

Hi folks, the name's Brendon but I have been known on the internet as BreadBin for coming up 20 years. I've been playing bass on and off for nearly 30, nearly sold my last bass last year and then realised what a mistake that would be. Fast forward 6 months and I now have 14 here with number 15 arriving in a week! I can't resist an eBay bargain but will run out of space soon, although I do live by the guitar shop mantra of the correct number of guitars is the number you already have +1.

I reckon I can comfortably get 18 in my music room so will be hitting the classifieds shortly.. 

DSC_0631.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks :D I guess I should provide a list. Pictured, top row left to right are Hutchins Jazz copy, Freya P51 copy, Hutchins Thunderbolt and Spector Q5 Pro. Bottom row left to right are Epiphone Thunderbird, Tenson Jumbo, Allen Eden Jazz, Yamaha RBX765, Fender MIJ Jazz Bass Special (currently in bits for neck straightening) Harley Benton 5-string fretless, Washburn Hammerhead RB-2002, Washburn B10/B20 bitsa special, Retrovibe Evo 1 with Hipshot and finally my BC Rich NT Zombie which I have christened Dolores (and somewhat morbidly has a Warwick Casket coffin case to travel in)

I will pick up a Retrovibe Zygote in a week or so. Plans are to get a much more upmarket fretless 4 string, a similar quality 5 string fretted and then see what comes up!

Thanks guys. I will be creating a build thread soon on the JB Special - it's been properly abused but I think I can save it.

It looked like this when I got it! Yes that is white emulsion - about 4mm thick in places.. 

$_58 (1).JPG

Edited by BreadBin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BreadBin said:

Thanks guys. I will be creating a build thread soon on the JB Special - it's been properly abused but I think I can save it.

It looked like this when I got it! Yes that is white emulsion - about 4mm thick in places.. 

$_58 (1).JPG

I'm looking forward to it.  It'll be interesting to see how good the body is beneath all of that

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brendon / BreadBin,
Sorry, I only just spotted this thread. 
Nice collection you have there. I stopped playing for nigh on 25 years :o

I did keep one bass (and so glad I did) though it only came out of its' case once every couple of years...... at most
So glad I kept it though - my son came home with a bass when he was about 15, and had never even seen me play
Him starting to take up the bass, made me start again - and I'm so glad I did

I thought I had too many - but I'm going to show Mrs S that photo in your first post
"See, you think I've got too many - just look at this guys' collection"
I reckon that pic of yours is my next Get Out Of Jail Free card ;)

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 1